Going Camping Soon--can I pre-log in my food and exercise?

So I am going to be without wifi or access to the internet soon and I am wondering if it is possible to pre log my food and exercise so that I dont miss a log in day. Is that possible? And then I can make any changes necessary when I get back to civilization?

Replies

• Go for it. Take a little notepad with you to record what really goes down (or take a plan with you) and goodluck

yes it will work I pre log breakfast sometimes
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    You can log your food in ahead of time, but your "logging streak" only accounts for the times you log into MFP... not just put your food in.

You would have to get onto the app or website each day to keep from loosing your streak.
  • I would pre-log to get a rough idea of what you're going to be having and make sure to write down what you actually do eat while camping.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    "Days logged in" refers to logging into the site, not logging food. It won't work.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    I just got back from camping for three days and was able to log everything offline on MFP. I did not need wifi access to access the app on my phone.
  • poopy! Oh well! as long as I am still paying attention right? And it is worth it to go camping! Do you suppose it is okay to drink your exercise calories for one weekend? ;)
  • tmtolbert
    tmtolbert Posts: 59 Member
    i pre-log my food for the day the night before. that way i can adjust somethings for the next day if i need to add calories or cut calories somewhere. you should definitely pre-log and have a plan and then just adjust as you need to when you get back to civilization! :wink:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    poopy! Oh well! as long as I am still paying attention right? And it is worth it to go camping! Do you suppose it is okay to drink your exercise calories for one weekend? ;)
    It's ok every weekend if you ask me.
  • gwengogreen1
    gwengogreen1 Posts: 194 Member
    if u have the mobile app, just log it as it happens, but dont sync it until u get back ;)

or write down what u eat... i like taking pictures of what i eat though so i remember portions...
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    I used to be such a fan of my wireless carrier because I *couldn't* get a signal in most of our state parks. Now I'm on grid even camping, and that is such a downer. I still try to log whilst in the woods, since I get a signal I might as well, but it was so much more convincing recreation when I just had to leave the phone off for the weekend. We usually camp in the primitive sites, so no electric to charge the thing. If it weren't for car chargers, I'd be in the clear.
  • I used to be such a fan of my wireless carrier because I *couldn't* get a signal in most of our state parks. Now I'm on grid even camping, and that is such a downer. I still try to log whilst in the woods, since I get a signal I might as well, but it was so much more convincing recreation when I just had to leave the phone off for the weekend. We usually camp in the primitive sites, so no electric to charge the thing. If it weren't for car chargers, I'd be in the clear.

Oh, where I am going is definitely off the grid. I dont have a smartphone anyway...but even if I did there is no signal. Oh well! I will just log everything I eat. I am not too worried about it because I know I will be getting plenty of exercise with swimming and hiking and hiking and swimming :) Who has time to eat much when camping anyway? :)
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    I used to be such a fan of my wireless carrier because I *couldn't* get a signal in most of our state parks. Now I'm on grid even camping, and that is such a downer. I still try to log whilst in the woods, since I get a signal I might as well, but it was so much more convincing recreation when I just had to leave the phone off for the weekend. We usually camp in the primitive sites, so no electric to charge the thing. If it weren't for car chargers, I'd be in the clear.

Oh, where I am going is definitely off the grid. I dont have a smartphone anyway...but even if I did there is no signal. Oh well! I will just log everything I eat. I am not too worried about it because I know I will be getting plenty of exercise with swimming and hiking and hiking and swimming :) Who has time to eat much when camping anyway? :)

We tend to eat really rich, calorie dense foods while camping, but yeah, we hike all day, so no worries. I've never come back from a camping trip heavier. I've been known to just skip logging for the weekend.
  • I think that is probably what I will do... I like my food journal...so I dont worry that I wont return to it on monday!