Hello, I'm new and could use some support/encouragement!

Options
Hi, there! One thing I can not do is stick to working out and eating right. I try to do with my sisters but it never works and we all just seem to always give up. I want to do something and I want to stick to it! Anybody want to be my friend and help keep me motivated or support me? Just add me. :) (I'm also real good at giving support too)

Replies

• oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I have the same problems with sticking to working out and eating right.

Best wishes and adding you :)
  • Sam03Joh
    Options
    Me too!!! Adding you, we can support each other!
  • staceface519
    Options
    Hi, there! One thing I can not do is stick to working out and eating right. I try to do with my sisters but it never works and we all just seem to always give up. I want to do something and I want to stick to it! Anybody want to be my friend and help keep me motivated or support me? Just add me. :) (I'm also real good at giving support too)

if your having problems with diet and exercise, its because of lack of motivation. . . if you stay on track and keep with it, it becomes second nature. . i myself have the same problem but its because i lost my motivation ( i use the excuse "im too tired"). . once i get it back my cooking and working out it will all fall into place.
  • sylwheat
    sylwheat Posts: 125
    Options
    We can all use support, ADD ME !!
  • PandaDreamerGurl
    Options
    Usagi? Rabbit fan or Sailor Moon? ^.^

I'll send you a friend request!

Anyone else is free to add me.
  • sowdev
    sowdev Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, i just joined my fitness pal.. me too looking for support for motivation. I have the same problem of sticking to working out and eating right.

A small step which i made a week back... now i do not buy any junk food when i go to grocery. that help me in not eating junk food when iam at home , even though i cravings to eat some junk food... as there is nothing at home i had no choice other than eating fruits and drinking water.

cheers to new friend.

-Sow
  • msmary1213
    msmary1213 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I have had more support here, than anywhere else. Anyone can add me as a friend. I am here to better myself, and help others. I'm here for you!!!
  • jstottedwards
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I HATE to exercise. I'm just lazy! I have been a member of Curves for years (even work there part time) and still can't "find" the time to workout. I joined myfitnesspal on Monday and have decided that it is time that I do something for myself! I love how easy it is to track your calories. Can't believe how big the food bank is! I've committed to work out at Curves 3 times a week and walk 30 minutes 3 times a week. Hey, it's only 30 minutes - I can do it, right? My bigger challenge is finding healthy things to eat that my boyfriend and son will also eat. I guess if they don't like it, they can fix their own! Good luck.
  • JPJN
    JPJN Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm fairly new too. This is a good site. Keeping track daily really helps me think about what I'm eating. It's hard for me to get motivated to exercise but I'm going to try.
  • ajajhughes
    Options
    I am new too and could use some friends and encouragement. we all need support on this journey. It's long and hard but if you have help and support you can do it. Add me!
  • luv4usagi
    Options

Sailor Moon!!! Fav anime! lol

Thank you everyone for the support and welcoming! I look forward to sweating with you all! :)
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options

I was wondering this too :)
  • ladyfingers73
    ladyfingers73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    We all need support, the more the better, feel free to add me!
  • GmeB
    GmeB Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    take it one day,hour, minute at a time. keep busy and always,always,use the trackers. They open your eyes and are the best tool.I just started (joined)myfitnesspal. in July, and I am just so glad I did,the support and encouragement is priceless. You know down deep you can do this! Love yourself enough to do it!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I suffer(ed) from the same problem. Trying to work on it myself! I want to stick to something and finish it this time around. I'll gladly try to motivate you and encourage you :)
  • EirePetal
    EirePetal Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Me too, x3!
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs support, the more times people put a well done on your exercise or diary posts the better and more motivated you feel. Will add you and anyone else that wants to add me can.
  • lizkarenviera
    lizkarenviera Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was the same way, and I understand about starting to work out and then quitting. But about 2 weeks ago I got good advice from someone, they told me when it comes to working out don't think about it. Just do it! I know that this can be better said than done but it really stuck with me. Also it helps if you have a close person who is going through the same thing as you, for me its my husband. For the past week and a half we have been going out for runs. We started with walks for about a 2 mile walk at our nearest park. But as of Monday we have been going to a park with a lake and its my second day running. Dont be so hard on your body take it easy. Start with walk move to power walking and then light jog so on and so on. Good luck with everything. Will add you

Liz
  • madmatti3
    Options
    Hi I'm Lisa...

OMG...Me too! and I know I should be exercising and entering all of my food in my counter but sometimes it seems so hard :ohwell:
    I'm adding you and we can support each other. I have been thinking alot about why I cannot consistently work out and I realized that I just don't enjoy it. I do enjoy the eliptical but don't have one at home and I am sure that would get boring after a while.
    I think it's way too boring and when I am exercising, whether walking or running on the treadmill, or even outside, 5 minutes seems like an hour LOL... When I was growing up in Hawaii, I surfed, roller skated and was part of the rowing club. All things I really enjoyed and found fun, so I decided to try and join the rowing club in my area to see if that is something I would love to do. I have to find a fun way to get activity into my life. :happy:
  • PandaDreamerGurl
    Options

Sailor Moon!!! Fav anime! lol

Thank you everyone for the support and welcoming! I look forward to sweating with you all! :)

I'm actually re-watching all the episodes. I'm in the Sailor Moon SuperS season now. I can't wait toget to Stars though. It's by far my favorite.