Probably another dumb question..and something kinda funny

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
What do you all wear when working out??

I tend to wear sweat pants and a men's white cotton t-shirt! Oh and my Nike baseball cap! Kinda boring I suppose but it works!! And it's comfortable. Hmm, maybe I should vamp it up a little huh??

Also, something funny happened a couple of weeks ago. I had these capri type yoga/sweat pants on and I hadn't realized how big they had gotten on me until half-way through working out on the elliptical, I realized the crotch area was now mid-thigh!! They are the high-waisted ones you can flip over at the top..so I had to pull them WAY up, and the top was reaching my chest!!! I felt like such a dork!! Oh well!!!!!! I will be a thin and fit dork before long!!!!

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    What do you all wear when working out??

I tend to wear sweat pants and a men's white cotton t-shirt! Oh and my Nike baseball cap! Kinda boring I suppose but it works!! And it's comfortable. Hmm, maybe I should vamp it up a little huh??

Also, something funny happened a couple of weeks ago. I had these capri type yoga/sweat pants on and I hadn't realized how big they had gotten on me until half-way through working out on the elliptical, I realized the crotch area was now mid-thigh!! They are the high-waisted ones you can flip over at the top..so I had to pull them WAY up, and the top was reaching my chest!!! I felt like such a dork!! Oh well!!!!!! I will be a thin and fit dork before long!!!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants and any tee I can get my hands on b4 Sara starts to flip out.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I wear my boyfriend's shirts. I feel that since he helped make me fat, he should do my exercise laundry :)
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Tee shirts--definitely! And either shorts or pants made of tee shirt material. When I work out, it's all about comfort. Of course, I don't go to a gym. But when I walk, it's on a walking track at a local park. Even then, I'm more concerned with comfort during execise.

Now when I go out--that's another story!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Tee shirts--definitely! And either shorts or pants made of tee shirt material. When I work out, it's all about comfort. Of course, I don't go to a gym. But when I walk, it's on a walking track at a local park. Even then, I'm more concerned with comfort during execise.

Oh yeah, no t-shirts when going out!!!! :wink: I'm usually wearing cleavage and a smile!! :wink: Omg, I am SO full of it today!!!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

Oh yeah, no t-shirts when going out!!!! :wink: I'm usually wearing cleavage and a smile!! :wink: Omg, I am SO full of it today!!!

:noway: :love: :love: :love:

lol :laugh:

You rock Tami!

I hate sweats, so I generally go with shorts, even when I run in the snow.

When I hike, I usually go with cargos (shorts and pants) and a teeshirt (and my camelbak of course).

Lifting, I usually go with gym shorts and something sleeveless (to show off my guns! :wink: lol) but one of the last gyms I worked out in had us cover tattoos (I have no idea why) so I wore a simple teeshirt.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I wear tank tops and either sweat shorts or cropped sweat pants, a lot of old navy lounge wear. It works, although not the most flattering some days.
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    I come from a ballet background - we always had to wear a leotard and tights so our muscles were visible during class. I've gotten so used to exercising in clothes that reveal muscles that I wear lots of stretchy, tight, lycra stuff to work out. It feels weird to me to wear big, baggy clothes. Luckily my home gym is full of locals with lots of ladies. I went to a LA gym a few months ago and would definitely make myself convert to baggier clothes if I lived there.
  • knitgirl
    knitgirl Posts: 27
    Options
    T-shirt and tank with shorts or sweats that camouflage my bum! :tongue:
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I prefer tight stuff... even when it doesnt' look that great. I Just can't stand baggy shorts, and I usually end up in short-shorts or a running skirt and a tank top (or long sleeved top when it's chilly out)
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I use to go all decked out with my Nike or Adidas spandex, matching tank, shoes and visor...ya I was 20 lbs leaner and few years younger back then :tongue:
    Now a days it's comfy Adidas t-shirts, comfy soffee shorts, but one thing that will never change is good
    shoes and my visors. I ALWAYS wear a visor...it keeps the sweat and hair out of my face and it's cute :happy:
    So wear what makes you feel comfortable. In the end your just a stinky, sweaty mess anyways :laugh:
    Who wants to get next to that :laugh: :laugh: LOL J/K!!!! :bigsmile:
    Kel~:flowerforyou:

I do have to add if you are do things like.....for example my husband and I are into cycling.
    We go on LONG 45+ mile rides so I do wear proper biking gear. I don't skimp on spending
    money for my biking stuff, but unless you plan to take up
    some type of sport like that I say, what you are wearing is perfecto for you :happy:
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Shorts and tank top for working out either at home or in the gym.

At ballet classes, although the "unform" is required, my being an older student allows me the privilege of wearing something more comfy for me - the unitard, which is less, um, revealing (?) than the proper leotard is....
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for lululemon yoga pants. I was flabbergasted by how much they cost, then I actually tried a pair on. Hello, glutes. I balance these investments out with 3 for 9 dollar "very stretchy" tank tops from Chinatown. I am also a devotee of the Enell sports bra, which changed my life. Seriously.:flowerforyou:
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    Shorts and tank top for working out either at home or in the gym.

At ballet classes, although the "unform" is required, my being an older student allows me the privilege of wearing something more comfy for me - the unitard, which is less, um, revealing (?) than the proper leotard is....

Yay, another dancer! :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for lululemon yoga pants. I was flabbergasted by how much they cost, then I actually tried a pair on. Hello, glutes. I balance these investments out with 3 for 9 dollar "very stretchy" tank tops from Chinatown. I am also a devotee of the Enell sports bra, which changed my life. Seriously.:flowerforyou:
    Oh... gotta love sports bras!!!
    I love them more than regular bras.:bigsmile:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I'm also a Lulu yoga pants gal -with a half top (the bra top type that holds you in well). I get hot, so no tee on top. Hair in pony tail - function over form.

My pants have also been falling down on the treadmill lately (I should mention I work out at home) :blushing:

TIP... for any yoga pants that are too big and falling down, I bunch the extra waist fabric and tie it with a hair elastic! It looks RIDICULOUS, however it works! I don't want to replace all my workout clothes until I get to my goal (or I absoluetly have to!). :tongue: