Starting over...don't hate on me:)

Options
So I have seen a lot of comments and posts on here about people that have small goals, like 5 lbs to lose. Or they have really awesome bodies already and people are hating on them.."why are you here?" Well I just wanted to say that pretty soon I will be one of those people with just a goal of losing 5-10 lbs and I don't want every one hating on me LOL. I have been here a year and lost over 60 lbs! I started at 225 and a size 18 and now I am down to just below 160 and in a size 10! I could not be more excited at the progress but i still have not reached my goal of 150 lbs. I really want to get there for my birthday in November so I can have a big party and buy new clothes! :) (and I want a 10 lb window for the holidays so I won't get back over 160 lol) SOOOOOOOOOOOO with all that said here is the problem...I have done pretty good up untill I got to the 160's. My motivation packed it's bags and left once I got so close to me goal. I am happy with how I look now...well happier, and I just don't have the drive anymore to do what it takes to get the rest off. It is really hard the closer you get cause it slows way down! ANYWAY I am going to reset my goals. My starting weight is going to be 159 lbs and my goal is 150. So it will look like I only want to lose like 9 lbs instead of showing the 60+ I have already lost. I also hope this will motivate me to get back to exercising. ANY wish me luck! I will also be posting a thread in the success area soon with a link to my blog on my 1 year of weight loss with PROGRESSION PICTURES!! Lots of them! Hope you all check it out and it might motivate someone! Thanks for being here for me MFP!!

Replies

• staceface519
    Options
    So I have seen a lot of comments and posts on here about people that have small goals, like 5 lbs to lose. Or they have really awesome bodies already and people are hating on them.."why are you here?" Well I just wanted to say that pretty soon I will be one of those people with just a goal of losing 5-10 lbs and I don't want every one hating on me LOL. I have been here a year and lost over 60 lbs! I started at 225 and a size 18 and now I am down to just below 160 and in a size 10! I could not be more excited at the progress but i still have not reached my goal of 150 lbs. I really want to get there for my birthday in November so I can have a big party and buy new clothes! :) (and I want a 10 lb window for the holidays so I won't get back over 160 lol) SOOOOOOOOOOOO with all that said here is the problem...I have done pretty good up untill I got to the 160's. My motivation packed it's bags and left once I got so close to me goal. I am happy with how I look now...well happier, and I just don't have the drive anymore to do what it takes to get the rest off. It is really hard the closer you get cause it slows way down! ANYWAY I am going to reset my goals. My starting weight is going to be 159 lbs and my goal is 150. So it will look like I only want to lose like 9 lbs instead of showing the 60+ I have already lost. I also hope this will motivate me to get back to exercising. ANY wish me luck! I will also be posting a thread in the success area soon with a link to my blog on my 1 year of weight loss with PROGRESSION PICTURES!! Lots of them! Hope you all check it out and it might motivate someone! Thanks for being here for me MFP!!

its one thing to have a small goal and needing the support to lose those 5 pounds. . then putting your perfectly chisled body up on here for all the ladies to drool at. . . a lot of men and women on here are looking to find people to hook up with, and it has nothing to do with losing weight or gaining it. . . ive seen some profiles that had nothing to do with weight loss and i question "why are they here". . . it makes no sense to me but its a social netowkring site for weight loss and healty lifestyle. . . other then that the others shouldnt be here praying on vulnerable people. . . I look forward to seeing your progression pictures (always curious to see others) and hope to see you in the success area. . . good luck dear!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I was in your shoes late last year. I had made it to 170 and was happy with my body, and even looking back, it looked nice. But, then I decided that I just wanted to finish this race. My goal was 160, but I ended up shooting past that and made it to 150. Now, I am working to see if I can get to 145, but if I can't I am ok staying at 150 for the rest of my life. So, I get where you are coming from. Good luck, and add me if you would like some support.
  • shoesalwaysfit
    shoesalwaysfit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! You have come along way! Nothing wrong with starting fresh again.
  • Trojanlc75
    Trojanlc75 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I can lose 50lbs easier than 10. Last May I was 204 (I am 5'9"). By November I was 159. GREAT!! Though my goal was 150.

It creeped up and creeped up. By this July I was back up at 179 and working at it again.

I wish I would have done what you are doing and stopped it at 10lbs (or 20!)

Also, the 170s for me are the most difficult, its like my body doesn't want to let go! But 160s are easy peasy.

Losing any weight is difficult and a triumph! Keep at it!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Well, when I joined MFP I didn't have any weight to lose! None, zilch, zero. I was 172 lbs and I've always been a runner. I only joined to show my family the importance of logging and tracking. Since then my gf has joined and a ton of her other friends.

Having said that, MFP has helped me set the goal of running a marathon....so I have lost a few pounds in the process...but I wasn't looking to lose.

Anyway, MFP is here for everyone...even those with little to lose. It will be almost a year for me this month. Enjoy :)
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    here is the link to the blog with the pictures :) let me know what you think!

http://myworldsutopia.blogspot.com/2012/08/1-year-of-weight-loss-w-mfp.html
  • joramaker
    joramaker Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad about starting over. Each day is a new day! Good Luck to you!
  • bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • roch1972
    roch1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    OP <--- you look great! Saw some of your pics and you have obviously worked very hard. There's nothing wrong with starting again with 9 lbs to lose. Any amount to lose is a battle and people should be supportive of your efforts not critize because you no longer have "a lot" to lose. Good for you!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Don't give it a second thought, this is called My FITNESS Pal...Not My WEIGHT LOSS Pal. You can be at goal weight and want to get fitter, improve endurance etc. I've never been overweight but I spent a long time not being fit either. Couldn't give a monkeys what anyone else thinks about it! Well done for reaching your goal!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    great job on your weight loss and don't pay attention to those people who make negative commments!
  • roch1972
    roch1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    great job on your weight loss and don't pay attention to those people who make negative commments!

Amen!