Breakfast ideas!!!

Options
I am in need of some breakfast ideas!! I need something filling!! Thanks!!!

Replies

• herwatercolorsweat
    Options
    have you tried protein shakes?
  • adiannen83
    adiannen83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and hard-boiled eggs work wonders at keeping me full.
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    3 tblspns of vanilla yogurt,sprinkly granola and add fresh strawberries and i also eat 2 boiled eggs
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat "real" foods - I've tried the protein bars and shakes before and don't really care for them. Here are some of my options at breakfast:

Eggs (poached, scrambled, fried, whatever), with some fruit as a side - protein and light carbs
    Cereal w/ skim milk - yes ... I actually eat carbs!!
    Cottage cheese and fruit or yogurt
    Oatmeal or multgrain cereal with dried fruit and nuts
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Fish oils, and protein shake with unsweetened almond milk. Maybe some hard boiled egg whites if your really starving
  • ronaldo4ka
    Options
    I make a scramble for me and my boyfriend, and depending on little variations that you add there, it never is more than 230 calories and keeps me pretty full until lunch, especially if I eat it with a small slice of sprouted bread or corn tortilla. Here is the recipe:

Generic - Egg White, Fresh, Raw - Large, 2 large egg white, raw
    Trader Joe's - Extra Large Brown Cage Free Eggs, 2 egg
    Trader Joe's - Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage, 1 link
    Onions - Raw, 1 slice, large (1/4" thick)
    Tomatoes, Roma - Raw, 1 medium
    Olives - Green Pimento Stuffed Queens, 2 olives

Sometimes I add Smart Ground (soy ground beef) or fat-free feta. The olives give the scramble some good zest) Hope you'll enjoy it, and make sure to fry on fat-free spray)
  • Kaydoggie
    Kaydoggie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I like egg white omelette with spinach, mushrooms, onion, ricotta cheese and salsa! Soooo yummy!!!
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    I don't usually eat a very big breakfast, but I've found that those Eggo NutriGrain waffles are pretty filling. I usually have 2 of those every morning with either sugar free syrup or a half a tablespoon of Nutella spread on each. It doesn't sound like much, but for some reason those waffles always keep me feeling full at least until lunch.

If I don't have waffles, I'll buy those bags of cereal from WalMart. I usually get the Fruity Pebble off brand and eat that with some 0% milk. You can also get the Honey Nut Cheerios off brand. Both of those cereals have little calories and the 0% milk is only 80 calories for one cup.
  • weezella
    weezella Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I bake eggs in cupcake pans 350 degrees for 15 mintues and eat them on an english muffin with a slice of 45 cal cheese. Egg McMuffin (minus the meat) to go!! You can make them ahead of time and freeze them for a quick heat in the morning.
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    any1 got alternatives for protein/scrambles in the morning for ppl that dont eat eggs?
  • A_Gillard
    Options
    oat meal or some toast
  • nkrueger1
    nkrueger1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Omlette: Liquid Egg Whites, FF Cheese, your veggies of choice peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach etc. and lean canadian bacon
    add a fruit and FF milk your set.
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i make this blueberry almond oatmeal recipe at least three times a week. love it! and it's very satisfying.

http://nutritionsuccess.org/blog/2011/12/breakfast-to-keep-you-running-all-year-long/
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    any1 got alternatives for protein/scrambles in the morning for ppl that dont eat eggs?

Tofu is quite good scrambled, as long as you season it with stuff that you like (tofu doesn't really have a taste unless you season it). Then just add your favorite veggies and cheese or whatever else you want.
  • erins89
    erins89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I Second this request, never liked eggs much!
  • ElleFerguson
    ElleFerguson Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Today for the first time I had cereal and a sausage patty for breakfast. I never feel full after cereal and don't much like milk. The big difference was the type of cereal. I ate one cup Fiber One Original Bran cereal. Continuously today I have the feeling of satiety. So, I recommend a high fiber cereal with milk. Then, a piece of fruit or whatever protein you like in the morning.
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    overnight oats

equal parts steel cut oats and milk (or silk, almond milk, etc). mix, leave overnight in the refrigerator.

I flavor mine with about 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp nutella, but the nutella is some added cals/sugar. :)

I hate oatmeal and i'm not overly fond of oatmeal cookies, but I do LOVE the overnight oats. They're nice and cold and chewy and filling. :)

edit: i'm also thinking of mixing in some protein powder, just a little bit to get a smidgeon more protein out of it without hurting the taste. haven't tried this yet. I've also mixed it with some strawberries, blueberries, etc. always delicious :) oh, and I only eat 1/4 cup oats/milk +nutella. it's 230 cals. :)
  • degausser234
    degausser234 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love to have scrambled eggs with broccoli or wheat n bran shredded wheats with either bananas or peaches sliced in :)
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    - tofu scramble
    - bean hash
    - bean burrito
    - smoothie with tofu/beans/nut butter, etc. added
    - lentil soup
    - whatever you eat the rest of the day
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone! I usually eat scrambled eggs and toast, but I am getting a tad tired of it! I love breakfast food, just want healthy choices!! I love protein shakes, but they don't seem to fill me up enough!