new here too

Options
I'm 51 and found this community while looking for a colorie counter. It's nice to have found a place that also has support. I need to lose 60lbs... yikes!! I'm not going to go to WW like some but going to try and do this by cutting calories and walking. Anyone else doing this alone?

Replies

• wingriderprincess
    Options
    I'm 51 and found this community while looking for a colorie counter. It's nice to have found a place that also has support. I need to lose 60lbs... yikes!! I'm not going to go to WW like some but going to try and do this by cutting calories and walking. Anyone else doing this alone?
  • missktuga
    missktuga Posts: 21
    Options
    I am..! I've already lost 10 pounds in about two weeks doing it! Course I walk alot... I doubled my minutes of walking this week.

It's weird how I ussed to hate exercise... I'd rather starve than work out.. and I loved food... but I hated working out more... the more I walk, the more I want to.. I've gone from 30 minutes a day to 100 minutes a day;... I love it... I think music on an mp3 player helps a lot..... :)
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    Walking is just one step from riding a bike.
    Riding a bike is just one step from jogging.

You'll run and hit the gym before you know, girls :smile:
    Of course you can lose weight walking, but I think you'll like to do try other things soon too :smile:

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: I'm doing it all on my own too, I lost some weight on Ediets but gained it all back, plus I went off of their meal plan the 4th week I was there. I get bored with the same food but the people here are great. For ideas on food look up www.hungrygirl.com and for exersize I'm doing the sweatin to the oldies dvd's. ( just glad I live in the country and no one can see me:bigsmile: ) I have a little more to loose so don't feel bad, at least we are working on it.:wink:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I've been here a while, but I'm just like you. I was looking for The Biggest Loser website, but I realized it cost money. So I looked for something free and found this site. I've been pretty successful so far. This is a great site because it is easy to use and shows you exactly what you need to do to be successful. Also all the great advice from others is really inspiring and helpful. Good luck with your goal!