Super Small NSV! Boosted My Confidence in Myself!

Options
mmanderr18
mmanderr18 Posts: 80 Member
Today I hit the gym to finish up week 5 of C25K (the 20 minute run!). An old friend was in the area and texted me to meet up. I met her outside of the gym and she asked me to go to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory with her and another friend. Even though this is one of my closest friends, my old self would have kept my weight loss attempt/goal a secret and probably gone to lunch and consumed the 1200+ calories that makes up a typical Cheesecake Factory lunch! Instead, I told my friend that I'm trying to diet and be healthier and that I would love to walk them to the restaurant themselves and catch up on the way. It felt great to be confident in myself and my weight loss goals and not let myself give in to decisions that aren't in my best interest! I had a great talk with my friend and didn't have to blow my calorie count in the process :) I know it's a really small NSV but it feels great and is a huge change for me!

Thanks for listening!

Replies

• katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    great choice! and you're such a good example... i need to do more of that and less of "oh, i'll go and have a salad - and half of whatever you ordered" :)
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Thats so great. And it might be what you think is a small NSV but in reality, it will affect you in the future many times over. By simply making one positive decision, you can see how great it feels and I bet that you will continue to make those great decisions in the future. Small NSVs have to build on themselves and eventually, its a huge thing!
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    nice job.. i been starting day one over all week.. lol
  • aleshai
    aleshai Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Small NSVs add up to make a huge lifestyle change!! Good job!
  • TraeP
    TraeP Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "You go Healthy"
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a small NSV. Keep on trucking, you're doing great!
  • christakersey
    Options
    great job! It's the little things that add up to big things and lifestyle changes. Very proud of you, and glad that you aren't trying to hide your weight loss journey anymore either!
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Smart! Keep it up.
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    that is NOT a super small NSV. Do you know that is one of my BIGGEST downfalls. not so much eating out, but not sticking to my goals when around others. KUDDOS that is HUGE!!! Congratulations and you should be VERY proud of yourself! :drinker:
  • noemike
    noemike Posts: 61
    Options
    thats great you inspire me to make better choices !! :) you should be proud of yourself
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Wow that is an amazing choice you made, must have been hard!
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Don't discount any of your NSV, they are all stepping stones to the bigger picture. Keep up the good work!
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    All these tiny NSV's will eventually add up to big steps in the right direction, then it will become habit, and before you know it, you will be a healthy person, not just a person working towards healthy. Congratulations! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I have to be more like you instead of always saying "yes" even when it means jeopardizing my diet goals.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! In my opinion....this is not a small NSV....it is a good size NSV!! Funny how we used to do things and now we are smarter and chose the healthier advantage! I make such much better choices these days and crave salads. My taste buds have changed....and so has my body!

Plus the walk and catching up was probably very nice!!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    First of all... HUGE NSV!
    Secondly... I am sure you feel WAY better now then you would have felt if you had gone!

In the near future, as you grow more and more confident, and experience more success, you will be able to actually join them, but stick to your program, and make good choices and not feel tempted by the 1800 calorie piece of cheesecake!

Keep up the good work!
  • TMF1123
    TMF1123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    personally i think that a signicant NSV! stay in the fight
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!