"Newbe"

Options
Good morning everyone! Happy New Year!
I have just signed on to this site and I am so excited. I know this will be the year that I can lose the weight and keep it off. I have tried WW before and I worked ok for a while, but my problem is that I need immediate results. I would hit the plateaus and then get discouraged. But, this time...no more! My husband is a chef, but this time around he is going to lose the weight with me. I think that by doing this together will be a great encouragement for both of us.

Don't mean to sound so "bubbly" and cheerful, but I am full of enthusiasm and know that this is the year to a better me (and him too) :)

Glad to be here!

Replies

• iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congratulations and deciding that this year will be the year that you take control of your life and start your journey towards being healty. Remember that this is a lifestyle change and not a quick fix. You will hit road blocks but if you stick with it you will see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Good luck.
  • jacigettingfit
    Options
    Good morning to you! I am new to this site as well, and I am also very excited. Good luck to you!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Happy New Year!
    I have just signed on to this site and I am so excited. I know this will be the year that I can lose the weight and keep it off. I have tried WW before and I worked ok for a while, but my problem is that I need immediate results. I would hit the plateaus and then get discouraged. But, this time...no more! My husband is a chef, but this time around he is going to lose the weight with me. I think that by doing this together will be a great encouragement for both of us.

Don't mean to sound so "bubbly" and cheerful, but I am full of enthusiasm and know that this is the year to a better me (and him too) :)

Glad to be here!

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Please keep in mind that there WILL be plateaus along the way, so DON'T get discouraged, and give up! :smile:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "recent forum topics", and "view all", then "general diet", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • courtneygaines
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the wonderful support and advise!

BrenNew...I also have the Wii Fit (and have had it for several months now, but stopped using it after the first few weeks). I plan on using that everyday. Especially since it seems more like fun then exercise. Also, I love walking around the neighborhood. It gets me and my husband out and doing it together. Since my dog can come along to it makes it even more fun.
  • Echome
    Echome Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey, I'm new too!
    Good Luck with your goal and all the stuff :)
  • patricepeop
    patricepeop Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    New Year...New Me! This year is the year to start taking care of me. I am debating plans to use as of right now. I have had moderate success with 3 hour Diet before and no success with WW. I am waiting for Jorge's new book to arrive. Does anyone know anything about The Belly Fat Cure Diet? Are we allowed to ask about specific plans on here?
  • budunga
    Options
    Welcome!!! I am also new to the site, have been browsing and have noticed that everthing I need is here.
    The commitment is on my part, so here we go!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    New Year...New Me! This year is the year to start taking care of me. I am debating plans to use as of right now. I have had moderate success with 3 hour Diet before and no success with WW. I am waiting for Jorge's new book to arrive. Does anyone know anything about The Belly Fat Cure Diet? Are we allowed to ask about specific plans on here?

You can certainly ask anything you want here, everyone is pretty great with advice, and being helpful to the newbies. :smile:
    Speaking totally for myself, I didn't need ANYTHING other than watching my numbers with MFP, and then "working" with them through better food choices (MOST of the time!:laugh: ) drinking lots of water, and getting some exercise. Beats me why anyone would buy, or try, anything else. :huh: But, I'm sure you WILL find quite a variety of people here at MFP who DO try other methods. I'm just too "frugal" OK, CHEAP! :laugh: and, like I already said, I didn't NEED anything else, other than MFP! :love: :smile:
  • patricepeop
    patricepeop Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have been looking over the site and it has great guidelines. It is going to take me awhile to adjust I think. Today I am dedicated to logging everything! That will probably be the best thing for me. I had a handful of spiced gum drops and after logging it I almost fell over!:sad: This will take a while. I think the honesty about what is actually going in my mouth will shock me.