MFP 1 Year Anniversary Today......

Options
MOMOFTWO29
MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
and I am 35 pounds lighter than I was last year on January 1st and for that I am very proud. However I had lost 52 pounds and gained 21 of it back but I am not going to let that get me down. I have lost 4 pounds of it back and I know that I can do this and I will do this. I have posted my story many times but I thought I would do it again for all the new people that have not read it. This is the most successful weight loss journey I have ever been on and for me it is still going. I will not give up and I will not quit, I will succeed, I know I can and will.

So here is my story: I have been overweight since I was in middle school and right on into high school and into my adult life. I weighed about 215 when I married my hubby in April of 2003, then in September of 2004 I got pregnant with my daughter Anna, and I gained like 50 or 60 pounds during my pregnancy, I didn't even try to lose any weight after I gave birth to her. In October of 2006 I got pregnant with my son Jacob, I only gained 18 pounds with that pregnancy. I lost like 20 pounds after he was born but got discouraged and gained it all back, and maybe some more. I have tried diet pills when I was like 20, but all they did for me was make my heart race and make me jittery and the weight I lost with them I gained back once I went off of the pills. I have tried like 4 or 5 times to lose weight by counting fat grams, but each time I lost weight and then I would quit and gain it all back. I got on the scales on December 31, 2008 and I was the heaviest I had ever been in my whole entire life at 292, I made up my mind right then and there that I was not going to be 300 pounds and I no longer want to be 200 pounds. A friend of mine told me about this site and I thought I would give it a try, I thought to myself I have tried counting fat grams and now I would try to count calories. A lot has changed for me, my determination has changed, I am determined to get it off and keep it off. I have never been so motivated in all of my life, my first goal was to weigh 185 pounds but I have changed it to 120 pounds, I can do it and I will do it. I want my hubby to see me below 200 pounds which he never has but in pictures, but that is not my only reason for doing this, I am doing it for myself, I want to watch my kids grow up and I want to live not die at an early age. I am doing it for my kids, I don't want them to look at me and think that being overweight is okay.

Replies

• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story, it gave me a smile on this, the day of resolutions :)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story, it gave me a smile on this, the day of resolutions :)

you're welcome :flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary Laura. Mine is coming up on the 13th of this month. 35 lbs is a big difference and you should be very proud of your success in losing that. If you lose 35 lbs each year, you will get to your goal weight soon
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Happy anniversary Laura. Mine is coming up on the 13th of this month. 35 lbs is a big difference and you should be very proud of your success in losing that. If you lose 35 lbs each year, you will get to your goal weight soon

Thank you Vicky and I am very proud of my success
  • JOY621
    JOY621 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bless you Laura. Never give up!!! Press on...
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Bless you Laura. Never give up!!! Press on...

Thanks, I will not give up, I will not quit. I have 2 small kids who deserve a mama that will be around a long time.
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    I really admire you for not quitting. Congratulations on a year of hard work! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I really admire you for not quitting. Congratulations on a year of hard work! :flowerforyou:

thank you so much!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    and I am 35 pounds lighter than I was last year on January 1st and for that I am very proud. However I had lost 52 pounds and gained 21 of it back but I am not going to let that get me down. I have lost 4 pounds of it back and I know that I can do this and I will do this. I have posted my story many times but I thought I would do it again for all the new people that have not read it. This is the most successful weight loss journey I have ever been on and for me it is still going. I will not give up and I will not quit, I will succeed, I know I can and will.

So here is my story: I have been overweight since I was in middle school and right on into high school and into my adult life. I weighed about 215 when I married my hubby in April of 2003, then in September of 2004 I got pregnant with my daughter Anna, and I gained like 50 or 60 pounds during my pregnancy, I didn't even try to lose any weight after I gave birth to her. In October of 2006 I got pregnant with my son Jacob, I only gained 18 pounds with that pregnancy. I lost like 20 pounds after he was born but got discouraged and gained it all back, and maybe some more. I have tried diet pills when I was like 20, but all they did for me was make my heart race and make me jittery and the weight I lost with them I gained back once I went off of the pills. I have tried like 4 or 5 times to lose weight by counting fat grams, but each time I lost weight and then I would quit and gain it all back. I got on the scales on December 31, 2008 and I was the heaviest I had ever been in my whole entire life at 292, I made up my mind right then and there that I was not going to be 300 pounds and I no longer want to be 200 pounds. A friend of mine told me about this site and I thought I would give it a try, I thought to myself I have tried counting fat grams and now I would try to count calories. A lot has changed for me, my determination has changed, I am determined to get it off and keep it off. I have never been so motivated in all of my life, my first goal was to weigh 185 pounds but I have changed it to 120 pounds, I can do it and I will do it. I want my hubby to see me below 200 pounds which he never has but in pictures, but that is not my only reason for doing this, I am doing it for myself, I want to watch my kids grow up and I want to live not die at an early age. I am doing it for my kids, I don't want them to look at me and think that being overweight is okay.

You should be proud my dear. The real test isnt the amount of weight you lose. It's your ability to stick with it despite a set back. I myself work in retail and life the last two months have been crazy and I put 15 lbs back on. I was letting that bother me until I realized that I am still 112 lbs lighter than I was a year ago and I have things back under control. This is a change that we must make for the rest of our lives. And it sounds to me like you will. Congrats to you.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

You should be proud my dear. The real test isnt the amount of weight you lose. It's your ability to stick with it despite a set back. I myself work in retail and life the last two months have been crazy and I put 15 lbs back on. I was letting that bother me until I realized that I am still 112 lbs lighter than I was a year ago and I have things back under control. This is a change that we must make for the rest of our lives. And it sounds to me like you will. Congrats to you.

Thanks so much for your very wise words spyguy.
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, Laura!! You should be proud of yourself! You are sticking with this and you are being more and more positive each day!

You brought me here and for that, I can't thank you enough. You are doing absoutely wonderful. You give so much support and motivation to so many people on this forum. I'm so very proud of you!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura! I remember you from a year ago when you started, it was right after I started on MFP as well. I just wanted to tell you that you have done a great job and you look great!:drinker:

Keep up the great work!!:flowerforyou:

~Roni
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!