Any mom's w/ multiple kids who work?

Options
While I think all mom's work hard, I do think that those of us who have more then 1 kid plus work often have extra stress added to our plates......I'd love to be able to support each other in our journey....

Replies

• alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    That would be me!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    me!
  • abwetzler
    abwetzler Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom of three and I work full time. such a struggle to work out enough and watch my diet. Exactly why i signed in here.
  • mrsbankston
    mrsbankston Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 4 and I work full-time! Feel free to add me. We can encourage eachother with trying to balance it all!
  • mrodriguez81
    mrodriguez81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Me.
  • julysbaby
    julysbaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    oh yes, three sons still in school. Very active extracurriculars. Crazy busy!!!:bigsmile:
  • kellic007
    Options
    I am a mom who is part of a blended family. Between my husband and I we have 4 children ranging from 5 to 13. I work full time during the day, he works full time graveyard. I also am a full time masters student. And people think it's just an "excuse" when I say it is really hard to find time to exercise.

While three of the children are not with us all the time, it can still be difficult.

I still have not mastered when and where to fit in excercise yet.
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am a mother of three and work full time.
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Single working mom of 2 picky eaters (one is a teenaged boy who loves his computer) who seem to be always needing a ride when I need to run! If I could bike, walk or run to where ever I take them I wouldn't be on MFP!!
  • curvyvegan
    curvyvegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I count of not...I have three kids, but I only work part time as a dance instructor evenings/weekends. I'm a stay at home mom during the day, then my husband gets home and I head to work for a couple of hours.
  • gemdenham
    gemdenham Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mum of 2 under 2 and work p/t, run my own business and study. It's a miracle I'm even awake!

Loving Jillian Matthews 30 day shred - even I can find 30mins to exercise per day. I normally do it as soon as the kids are in bed then I have the rest of the evening to do what I want.

I also have a very supportive hubby who will put the kids to bed twice a week while I play netball.
  • bloooms
    bloooms Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a 16 month old and a 3 1/2 year old.. work 40 hrs per week and my boyfriend doesn't get home 4 out of 7 nights a week until they are in bed. It's so hard finding time to exercise. By the time they are in bed I want to do nothing but lay on the couch!!
  • mrodriguez81
    mrodriguez81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mother of 3, oldest is 10 yr old girl, 6 yr old son, and 20 month old girl. Work full-time and work part-time with DH managing an apartment building. Add me if you like.
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is very hard to find time for ourselves when we have so many other people and things depending on us...

I have 4 kids, 18 yo son going to college in 2 weeks (freaking out), 14 yo son, and twin girls who are 10. This summer the way I am working out is to do it at the Y while one of my girls is practicing swimming. During the school year the only time I get to work out is a small window in the morning, after the girls leave and before I have to go to work...Of course this school year will be different as my 14 yo starts HS so they start at 7:30....but it's not just the working out. It's cooking the dinner and cleaning up and making lunches and doing laundry, etc...and the during the school year it's homework and girl scouts and band (marching band this year is going to be nuts) and one daughter swims on a team (3-5x/week) and the other daughter will dance....

The last 2 weeks I have been very dedicated to MFP and to do that I have had to sit down on a Sat or so and plan the entire week of meals....Huge help not only during the week but at the grocery store....I might try to keep that up when school starts in a couple of weeks...

But since I am a SLP and do home care therapy I can sorta set my own hours so I see people between girls at school and picking them up. But the paperwork, billing and preparation needs to be done from home....never ending job
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    oops...I could only add 5 people as friends so if you did not get a friend request please add me....
  • shadowvampira
    Options
    mom of four kids work full time and start back to college end of the month
  • cmacohio1975
    cmacohio1975 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    add me too, I have 3 kids and work full time. Lately I have been excercising after 9pm (after the kids go to bed)
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That's me!!

I have three toddlers- twin boys (3) and my daughter (2). My husband and I both work full time. There isn't much time for relaxing, that's for sure!!! I work out during my lunch hour.

Feel free to add me as a friend, I only have one so far:(
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    mom of 2, ages 5 and 7, separated and living alone, work full time, and commute 45 mins each way. have to be very creative to find time to exercise!