How long does it really take?

Options
Okay so I've lost 10 lbs so far and I need to loose another 10 in order to actually get a lean body. I've started doing HIIT on my elliptical for 20 mins every other day and also doing Jillian michaels ripped in 30 workout videos. I've upped my calories to 1500 a day. I was at 1300 for awhile but then I read somewhere that it should be 1500. I don't eat any processed or anything containing gluten. My question is that how long does it really take to loose 10 lbs? I know everyone saids "you should loose about 1-2 lbs a week" but that's bull. Some weeks ill loose 3 lbs then the next week I'll loose .5 lbs then the next week i will gain 1 lbs then the next week loose another 3. So it's all over the place! My question is that how long did it take YOU to loose 10 lbs not how long a statistic saids. I'm hoping to loose it by my bday (nov 22). Also does anyone have any advice on my workout plan or calorie amount? I feel like 1500 is to high but everyone saids it's not. I only need 1300 to be full! So should I just eat when I'm hungrey and not eat just to reach a certain calorie amount? Thank you! :)

-friend me- ;)

Replies

• mackie121
    mackie121 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    ugh i'm running into the same problem. I've seen that the first 10 is the easiest to get rid of for most people and then it just gets harder… I lost 14 lbs. in 2 and a half months. Because of my exercise level I’m supposed to be eating way more calories than what makes me full. The first 10 lbs really were the easiest and I can tell it’s been going more slow now. Last week I decided to change up my training and that seems to be helping… I think after a certain point it becomes less about what you eat and more about what types of exercise you’re doing. I mean you can only take so many calories away before you put your body in starvation. I used to do an hour and a half of cardio on the elliptical or treadmill and a half hour of lifting. When I hit my rut I started doing more cardio like kick boxing and dance classes (even just ones on youtube) plus lifting for 45 mins and my weight started to drop again. Oh also I’m with you, I was taught to stop when I’m full so this whole eating more just to up calorie count sucks especially because only eating healthy food means it takes forever to get anywhere close. My suggestion listen to your body if your full stop eating. A grumbly tummy will definitely tell you if you’re still hungry.