Not a single pound!

Options
Hello, all. I'm very frustrated because I've been eating 1200 - 1300 calories per day and exercising an hour (I've been doing Insanity, Shred It With Weights and Ripped In 30) six days a week. And I haven't lost a single pound in a month. Could I be doing something wrong? Thank you in advance.

Replies

• Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Open your diary and give your stats (height, weight)
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Take measurements and go by that, not the scale. When I started MFP, I was doing Zumba and eating right and losing 1 lb a week. Then I started doing 30 Day Shred and now Insanity instead of Zumba and the scale has stayed at the same number for 1-2 months now. I also take my measurements, and according to that, I've lost 17.5 in overall since May. I can tell I'm losing weight, but since I'm gaining more muscle, the scale it's moving.
  • Brunoski2
    Options
    Be sure to minimize the salt and keep very accurate account of the calories. What you are doing should work---Keep going and the pounds will eventually come off. Be sure to weigh every day---That is key. Bruno P. Ski.
  • Chainie
    Chainie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If you answer YES to the following questions, feel welcome to look me up for help:

Do you have a fair bit to lose? I.e. obese category.
    Do you tend to put weight on around your tummy?
    Do you crave sweets, especially in the evening?
    Do you tend to put weight on very easily without eating a lot?
    Do you find it difficult to lose weight even when dieting and exercising?
    Do you have a skin tag on your upper body?
    Do you have an underlying hormone imbalance eg. Pcos, menopause, post surgery or post baby?
    Is your TOM irregular or with breakthrough bleeding in between?
    Do you have to wake in middle of night for wees?
    Do you have a close relative who is diabetic?

These are pretty personal, don't answer them. But if, in your head, you answer YES to several, you might want to investigate insulin resistance. It is linked to hormone imbalances in women.

But if you're a bloke, then I have no idea. I am not a doctor, just a chicken that knits lol.