Matt Ogus, Pop Tarts Reality, and How Eating What You Want W

Options
One thing I've advocated for a very long time is that, within moderation, you can have very, very successful FAT (not weight) loss without being excessively strict. You will NOT have better fat loss because you are eating "clean" (which is an arbitrary, ambiguous word). This does not mean, of course, that you should eat as much micronutrient deficient foods as you humanly can eat but, it means, practice moderation.

Now, the problem with advocating something like this is that people are (unfortunately) dense. They associate fantastic bodies with knowledge yet this isn't true. I'm not ripped but Matt Ogus, a fantastic natural bodybuilder, is. Check out his pictures:
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/387632_338235809537160_224032664290809_1312130_1118765075_n.jpg
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/408836_368395009854573_224032664290809_1400675_836357385_n.jpg
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/405017_338241152869959_224032664290809_1312231_1754101873_n.jpg

And here is his video where he talks about how he eats and how eats a bunch of pop tarts while also giving some dietary advice.

WARNING!!!!!!!!! There is excessive cursing in the video and it's longer than 1 minute (17 minutes and 16 seconds to be exact). It's not safe for work and if you don't like vulgar language then you won't like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA-XvVP9POg&feature=player_embedded#at=14

For those people who have ADHD (or ADD, whatever the correct term is these days), here are the cliffs:
- Processed foods don't make you fat or inhibit fat loss
- Fit foods into your macronutrients and calories and you will have very successful fat loss
- Matt Ogus, awesome natural bodybuilder, practices this and he eats a bunch of pop tarts
- Other incredible natural bodybuilders (Alberto Nunez, Paul Murawski, Josh Hyaduck, etc.) practice this as well

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    IIFYM for life.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    While I agree with this, I don't personally agree with eating junk food which pop tarts are.

My motto is that the cleaner the food is that you put in your body the more efficient your body becomes. It is not that you can't but for me more of a question why would I.

A pop tart has not nutritional value whatsoever. So for me personally, I would rather put superfoods and raw foods in my diet and make sure that it runs efficiently for many more years.

Of course, my position maybe be because of what I have been through and that 50 is around the corner but I believe the adage, what you put in your body is what your body is able to put out. (or something to that affect. lol)
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    But, won't I get bulky if I eat pop tarts?
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    But, won't I get bulky if I eat pop tarts?

Yes, they are highly anabolic...
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I EAT ONLY POP TARTZ

Y ARE I FAT!!!!?????
  • HardcorePork
    HardcorePork Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    So, what's moderation, like...4 poptarts? Because I'm down from my daily limit of 12, and I thought that was progress...
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Poptarts are not for me. Oreos FTMFW!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Mmmm......pop tarts.......

What about generic pop tarts, like from Wal-Mart? Can I still eat those or are those dirtier than name brand pop tarts?
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I personally hate pop tarts and most cheap, sugar-laden foods. It's largely to do with the mediocrity of them and how they taste so and so. Some people love them, though, but I thought the video was hilarious. Either way, you like pop tarts? FIT THEM IN! I've been eating chocolate almost every single day on my cut so far.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Oh was this the anti Hodge twins video?
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Oh was this the anti Hodge twins video?

I guess. It doesn't sound very anti-hodge twins but those guys are dummies even though they're also hilarious.
  • Acg67
    Options
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKKF49XFgXE
  • fastbackdan
    fastbackdan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    <--- Got Shredded of Pecan Pie and Polly''s BanBerry Pie

IIFYM FTMFW
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

IIFYM FTMFW

^ Glad you bumped this, not sure how I missed this post.

<--- ice cream daily. IIFYM.
  • Acg67
    Options

IIFYM FTMFW

^ Glad you bumped this, not sure how I missed this post.

<--- ice cream daily. IIFYM.

Enjoy your diabetes