happy new year ( have just joined)

suzy51
suzy51 Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
hi to you all , i am finding the site a little confusing and wondering if anyone can help, can you tell me if there is anyway you can alter the amount 's that you eat,becauce on some things i dont want to eat the quantity is states

many thanks

Replies

• Welcome, I'm new also, I joined this past monday. When you go to track your foods, in the "serving" side it usually comes up with "1.0" change the 1 to the actual serving amount you had. For example when I enter in my milk in my cappuchino it comes up with 1.0 serving and then it says 1 cup skim milk. So i change the 1.0 to 2.0 because i really had 16oz of milk not 8oz. Does that make sense? :ohwell:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Hi,
    New this week as well. Yes, adjusting the serving size helps. For instance, if I ate 1/2 of a large potatoe I would enter .5 for my serving size. See? Good luck!
    Happy New Year!
    Sharon
  • rfsahae
    rfsahae Posts: 68 Member
    You have to experiment with the calorie amounts because when you search and it lists the foods it doesn't list the calories (hint to webmaster, that would be helpful)... so for instance last night hubby took me out for sushi... searched for california roll, quantity shown was 1 piece, when I entered it into food log that was 28 calories, anotherwords, 1/6 of the roll... not what I wanted.

Similarly you can use decimals, e.g. if you make a three egg omelet, share with hubby, then use 1.5 eggs for yourself...
    Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.