Am I losing the taste for greasy food?

Options
chattah
chattah Posts: 11 Member
The past week or so I have been eating really well and staying within my calorie goals +/- a few extra calories. Today I was weak and went out to lunch at Jack in the Box. I got a bacon ultimate cheese burger, which I use to LOVE, this time however it was very lack luster and over two hours later my mouth still feels greasy.

I can honestly say that I don't think I will be doing that again any time soon.

Replies

• kms1104
    kms1104 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Isn't THAT a good feeling? You know you're doing right when you stop "wanting" the junk. At least that's my motto.
  • rblakeman
    Options
    I had the same experience, except with cookies. I previously had a small addiction to chew chocolate chip cookies. Yesterday I was trying desperately to get to 1200 calories but was stuffed...so opted for 2 of my old favorite cookies. They were NASTY to me.
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost the taste for greasy foods but now I don't eat it often. When I do I get sick to my stomach from it so I stay away.
  • maureenec
    maureenec Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I ate a burger on Sunday and felt crappy all day Monday. The grease was just too much. It wasn't even fast food - it was from one of Michael Symon's restaurants - but it was still way too much fat for one meal.

That's a good development!
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's a great feeling when you realize you no longer want that junk you used to eat. I used to eat McDonalds 2-3 times a day, just because it's all I ever wanted. After starting this journey and giving up fast food completely-I had McDonalds a few months into it, and literally couldn't handle it. My stomach was pretty unhappy. The longer you go without those greasy foods, the less you crave them. :)
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened when i ordered pizza for my sunday reward meal. I used to LOVE it, this time..meh. It was ok, but... I dunno. I think i honestly would've enjoyed a nice piece of salmon and some greens more.
  • MonicaT1972
    Options
    I love that feeling!!!!
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Isn't it a great feeling....I have the same thing happening. Today when my son was eating some mozzarella sticks, I decided to try one. Only made it through one bite and had to throw it out cause it didn't taste good at all to me. I used to love those things.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    i eat it for the calories only. Love my bacon and egg mcmuffin, breakfast of Olympic proportions.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Greasy food is no longer appealing to me either. It's amazing how I thought I could never give it up but once you do you just lose the appetite for it, I guess. :-)
  • chattah
    chattah Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You all are right in that it is nice in that I don't think I will have that temptation any where near as strong as it had been in the past. That oily feeling in my mouth was most unpleasant!!