40 something & FINAL lifestyle change..WHOO-HOO!!

Options
bchgrl8
bchgrl8 Posts: 55 Member
I just started MFP two days ago and I'm really excited about this app. It got me motivated to start losing weight,yet again, and it does all the work..I LOVE it!!! I just hope I can stick with...so I'm gonna need some pals along the way as back up...friend me!!!
I got 35pounds to go..but right now I just wanna get threw one day at a time.

Replies

• The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I got alot more to lose than 35, but could always give an receive some motivation! :) Friend me if you like
  • itsrebec
    itsrebec Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi there!

We are in similar situations. I too am in my forites, have about 30 lbs to lose, and started this week.

Let's do this!

Rebec
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hello there, I have alot more than 35lbs to lose as well but feel free to add me for support!
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 something and have 30lbs to get to my "goal". I've been here 2 months and still going strong. I feel like I"m going to do MUCH better than that goal! You can do it!
  • noiinteam
    noiinteam Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    ditto... i have discovered in my 40's that a calorie isn't just a calorie. i'm not doing horrible on calories but need to change what kind of calories. making myself log even the bad stuff so at least i only have myself to blame when not losing... good luck
  • bchgrl8
    Options
    Wow!! I didn't expect such quick responses!!! Awesome!!! Thank you all!!!!! I'm still getting used to using MFP, might take me a while to get to everyone..haha..I greatly appreciate ALL the support..and will I got your back as well...what a journey this will be together!!:happy:
  • bchgrl8
    Options
    I totally agree! It really makes you accountable...my metabolism is just not what it used to be, much harder to lose and keep the weight off.
  • noiinteam
    noiinteam Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! It really makes you accountable...my metabolism is just not what it used to be, much harder to lose and keep the weight off.

amen sister!!!
  • Luluke7767
    Luluke7767 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi there I am 45 and would like to lose 30 lbs. I lost a bunch of weight in my late 30s and felt great but I have gained it all back :(. Going to Hawaii in March and want to get some cute new clothes..... I refuse to buy anything new now because I don't like the way I look in clothes. Glad to have some other 40 something's doing this!
  • kay930
    kay930 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 40 and I just started again yesterday. Would love a new friend. :)
  • danielstony
    Options
    Hey, 43 here and need to loose circa 40pounds. You cant have enough friends...so ping me :)
  • misslady72
    misslady72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 soon and have over 30 pounds to get to my personal goal. I have been looking for people in my age group :) Add me!
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi....I'm "40 something" as well......we are the the "prime of our lives"....so let's help each other get our bodies to keep up!!! Feel free to add me as well!:flowerforyou: