hiv/aids transmission!

Options
foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
i had an argument with a friend last night, and I am still super annoyed by it

they think that you can get hiv through skin contact, or through spit

they are WRONG. please never pass on misinformation. there is a ton of accurate information out there that doesn't persecute people or spread fear.

Replies

• jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Transmission can happen through any type of body fluid, so yes it can be passed through spit. Not by just swapping spit and kissing someone, but if the receiver has an open wound it can get into the blood stream.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    It depends on which one you're talking about. I don't believe you can get HIV from spit, unless both people had an open wound...
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Transmission can happen through any type of body fluid, so yes it can be passed through spit. Not by just swapping spit and kissing someone, but if the receiver has an open wound it can get into the blood stream.

WRONG!!!!!!!
  • creech6317
    Options
    Here are some facts.

http://www.aids.org/topics/aids-faqs/how-is-hiv-transmitted/

Saliva DOES NOT transmit HIV
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

they are WRONG. please never pass on misinformation. there is a ton of accurate information out there that doesn't persecute people or spread fear.

You should have Wikipediad their *kitten*.
  • susiebear29
    Options
    you would have to ingest an extremely large amount of saliva to even have a chance of contracting it, im talking like a litre of saliva! Im very suprised that there is still so much misinformation about HIV/AIDS in this day and age?!
  • creech6317
    Options
    you would have to ingest an extremely large amount of saliva to even have a chance of contracting it, im talking like a litre of saliva! Im very suprised that there is still so much misinformation about HIV/AIDS in this day and age?!

Such as your post. Saliva doesn't transmit HIV, even if you want to drink gallons of it.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Here are some facts.

Exactly... 3 ways: Sex, Blood, Gestational, that's it.
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    HIV Transmission can occur through french kissing if their is blood exchange. The infected person must have open bleeding sores or gums.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Truth: HIV is like Herpes in that it stays alive on the toilet seat for at least 45 minutes. Careful where you poop!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Here are some facts.

THANK YOU.

My father lost his battle with AIDS 2 years ago. This topic is very near and dear to my heart. Learn the facts, and spread ACCURATE information. This disease doesn't discriminate on who it infects.
  • kristinacottle
    Options

Such as your post. Saliva doesn't transmit HIV, even if you want to drink gallons of it.

Actually, you would have a chance of getting it. But like she said, you'd have to drink A LOT of spit lol.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Truth: HIV is like Herpes in that it stays alive on the toilet seat for at least 45 minutes. Careful where you poop!

Way to spread some total bullsh!t that I'm sure some idiot here will believe.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm still gagging over the thought of a liter of spit. :sick:
    Even if there is misconception over that part how can anyone think skin to skin contact!? If that were the case everyone in the world would have it, wouldn't they???
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

When claiming that you can catch HIV by touching someone, you should perhaps produce your source of that information. Then we can at least mock the source instead of you.
  • creech6317
    Options
    HIV Transmission can occur through french kissing if their is blood exchange. The infected person must have open bleeding sores or gums.

I'm curous, why are two people with open bleeding sores in their mouth french kissing, :sick: because that is what would need to be happening for this to happen.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options

Actually, you would have a chance of getting it. But like she said, you'd have to drink A LOT of spit lol.

Not unless ur blood or semen was in that spit...otherwise ur safe......
  • susiebear29
    Options

oh right sorry my bad that is what my anatomy and physiology lecturer told us but he's obviously misinformed too!!
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    Here are some facts.

THANK YOU.

My father lost his battle with AIDS 2 years ago. This topic is very near and dear to my heart. Learn the facts, and spread ACCURATE information. This disease doesn't discriminate on who it infects.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

False. Anyone gullible that is reading this, it's false.