foundation (make up)

Options
hello here is a random thread..... does anyone use rimmel foundation ? I dont wear much foundation but when i do its usually the no7 :)

Replies

• Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I use MAC foundation. It's a little expensive, but a little goes a LONG way and it's great quality. I put it on in the morning and it lasts all day. One bottle normally takes about 4-6 months to get through and I believe its around $27 a bottle.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Nope. don't use rimmel. I use a mix of MAC and Studio Gear.
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I use bare minerals and I love it. I buff it on before I go cycling because of the sunscreen coverage without being greasy. Then sometimes I swim after that and believe it or not, it stays on through 90 minutes of water aerobics.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I've gotten recently hooked on Smashbox BB Cream...
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm a MAC girl! Pro Longwear NW25, baby!!!!
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    i use bare minerals but i wear rimmel primer, and there mascarea
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    E.L.F mineral... LOVE their line.
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    I have to have a custom blended foundation because my skin is such a weird colour (yellow with a hint of khaki green - yes, really) and no off-the-shelf brands are a good match. Quite a few are an ok match, but I don't see the point in paying lots of money for something that is just ok. I get mine from Elemental Beauty.
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I use Mally primer, then either amazonian clay foundation (liquid) or bare minerals powder. the amazonian clay covers EVERY spot on your face, it's amazing.
  • mishimouse101
    mishimouse101 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Jergens Natural Glow tinted moisturizer with sunscreen. So multi-purpose! Also like Heidi Klum's version, "In an Instant". Occasionally will want some concealer to cover spots, then I use Bare Escentuals powder foundation.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Clinique tinted moisturizer. I wear makeup about once or twice a week and the little bottle has lasted me a full year, no joke! Doesn't muck up your pores, as well.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I don't wear foundation. I wear as little make up as I can possibly get by with lol.

I don't fix my hair, either....just wash, brush and go.

I guess I'm low maintenance.

Except I do love my expensive electronics lol

I like make up....just too lazy to wear it :-)
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    L'Oreal Souffle. If you haven't tried it, try it. It's amazing.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

This is me too. Also, I have yet to find a primer/foundation combo that doesn't end up sliding off of my face after 5 hours. I usually slap on some sunscreen and call it done.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I really like the No.7 and the Almay smart shade-both are pretty inexpensive. I have also found that applying foundation with a brush makes it appear smoother and more flawless.
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options

This is me too. Also, I have yet to find a primer/foundation combo that doesn't end up sliding off of my face after 5 hours. I usually slap on some sunscreen and call it done.

try mally's, i've gone out in sweltering heat and my makeup hasn't budged. also, if you get Wen's replenishing mist, you can use that to set your makeup since it's all natural. it's normally for hair, but Chaz Dean (maker of Wen) suggests it for makeup setting too. DON'T buy it from wen.com though, because it's pretty expensive. Go to QVC.com, they have great deals on it.

Sidetracking a little from the foundation, Wen hair cleanser is a gift form the Gods, let me tell you what. Especially for "ethnic" or dry and kinky hair, as they put it. Mine's just normal, but after using that stuff, I feel like those chick's in hair commercials that swish their hair around!

Back to makeup talk!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    try mally's, i've gone out in sweltering heat and my makeup hasn't budged. also, if you get Wen's replenishing mist, you can use that to set your makeup since it's all natural. it's normally for hair, but Chaz Dean (maker of Wen) suggests it for makeup setting too. DON'T buy it from wen.com though, because it's pretty expensive. Go to QVC.com, they have great deals on it.

I might try the Wen mist. I have the Urband Decay stuff and all it does is make my face damp. I have moderate control on my face oil but it's still a giant problem when trying to wear makeup.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Good skin is the best foundation.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

me 3. I love makeup, and I have crap skin (breakout along my jawline) but I just don't care enough to spend the extra time/effort. Toooo lazy.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    [
    Sidetracking a little from the foundation, Wen hair cleanser is a gift form the Gods, let me tell you what. Especially for "ethnic" or dry and kinky hair, as they put it.

I hate the "ethnic" label, too, but I agree, Wen cleanser is excellent. I like the Fig formulation.