Ideal protien?

Options
I've heard of this Diet called Ideal Protien.... Does anyone on here know about it? Any thoughts or opinions of it if so?

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    The actual diet may be great, but this line from the website makes me go WTF...
    Because, as long as sugar is being consumed, your body is not burning fat
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options

BAIL BAIL BAIL
  • seney57
    seney57 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    diets don't work, you need to change your eating style. I struggle with this when I'm stressed. I know people and my doctor who eat only whole food and only good fats, and they are slim, trim and healthy. May try watching the info commercial for the diet solution with jeff and partner, I am not endorsing their products I'm just saying listen to their information and you will see what I mean, my daughter did what they said without spending a penny, and bought all whole food and walked daily and she lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks and is still happy and healthy
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    These are doctor regulated weight loss centers, so they may be totally great. That one line stuck out for me when researching for my wife(her ENT has an affiliation with a center and recommended it for her).
  • italiankrystal26
    Options
    Interesting. I was just curious. A co-worker of mine is doing the "ideal protien" thing and she has lost 35lbs in 2 months!
    I just thought it was interesting. But I know each thing works differently for a single person.

A lot of Dr's are telling me that my problem is I don't always eat enough. So I try to... but I could use some better food ideas I guess.
    Lots to try out there...

:)
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    My sister has been on Ideal protein for about 2 months, and she's down almost 30 lbs. While you may drop lbs fast, I think it's going to be difficult to keep them off once you come off from it. It's not a realistic lifestyle, and the minute you start eating regular foods again it won't take long to put weight back on. You also can't exercise on it because it doesn't allow you to eat enough calories in a day to be able to exercise without passing out...which I think is nuts. My husband and I are just doing it the good ole fashion way.... realistic healthy eating mixed with exercise 5-6 days a week, and between the 2 of us we've lost over 60 lbs together over the past 3 months!!!!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    A lot of Dr's are telling me that my problem is I don't always eat enough.

Is that what you've found since tracking here? A lot of people say that's their issue, but if a body is taking in fewer calories than it's expending, it doesn't become overweight.

I know 5 or so people who've done the Ideal Protein diet and lost significant amounts of weight. time will tell if they are able to keep it off long-term. One of my friends who did this told me that she couldn't even prepare fruit for her children anymore, because the mere sight of it made her have uncontrollable cravings for grapes, bananas, etc during the program.

For me, a strict diet on a program like this would never work. I've managed to lose 125 pounds in 14 months eating fruit, sugar, bread, and basically anything I want. If I have a craving for grapes...I have some grapes. Same goes for chocolate, ice cream, pizza, etc.

Some people do very well having a strict diet with limited food choices. Others cannot follow that long-term. Working with MFP logging my food, making smarter choices, indulging on occasion, and eating a wide variety of food has worked for me.

Another thing is that Ideal Protein doesn't permit/encourage exercising. I can't get behind that.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    My friend lost 90 pounds on it, so did her mom. She's still losing. I can't deal with not exercising and not eating any fruit, so I haven't tried it.
  • italiankrystal26
    Options
    A lot of Dr's are telling me that my problem is I don't always eat enough.

Is that what you've found since tracking here? A lot of people say that's their issue, but if a body is taking in fewer calories than it's expending, it doesn't become overweight.

I know 5 or so people who've done the Ideal Protein diet and lost significant amounts of weight. time will tell if they are able to keep it off long-term. One of my friends who did this told me that she couldn't even prepare fruit for her children anymore, because the mere sight of it made her have uncontrollable cravings for grapes, bananas, etc during the program.

For me, a strict diet on a program like this would never work. I've managed to lose 125 pounds in 14 months eating fruit, sugar, bread, and basically anything I want. If I have a craving for grapes...I have some grapes. Same goes for chocolate, ice cream, pizza, etc.

Some people do very well having a strict diet with limited food choices. Others cannot follow that long-term. Working with MFP logging my food, making smarter choices, indulging on occasion, and eating a wide variety of food has worked for me.

Another thing is that Ideal Protein doesn't permit/encourage exercising. I can't get behind that.

I can understand that 100%. And actually I used to keep a food journal a few years ago. I was eating less than 800 calories a day, while working 14 hour shifts 7 days a week sorta thing. Yet I managed to become 210 lbs. So once I started eating more, I lost 65 lbs. about 8 months ago I had been put on a high dose of prednisone (80mg) for about 4 months. Where I gained 35lbs back... Now I'm off the meds thankfully, and trying to lose the weight again. Ive been keeping track of my food for the most part.. and I've discovered I'm still not always eating as much as it says I should. Many people have told me (including Dr's and Nutritionalist) have told me I need to eat more... and not in the "Whatever you want" type way, but different healthy styles. Better foods.

But my co-worker who has been doing "Ideal protein" and mentioned it to me... I'm not able to do that, because I do like fruit etc. Plus I'm a Diabetic and cannot really do it. But just posted this to get info on it... just as an FYI for me
    Thanks for all the info! :).
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options

BAIL BAIL BAIL

Gotta love generalizations. I am hoping that they meant "cells metabolizing sugars are not also releasing fat stores".