Starting 30 Day Shred TODAY, August 1st!

Options
13»

Replies

• tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I had to stop for air and water though, it's 35C (95F) here and i have extremely low blood pressure
  • boringdanielle
    boringdanielle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 right now...I have to say the first four days I struggled with soreness. Just to sit down hurt. LOl it does go away about day 4-5. I already feel better and have only been doing it for a short bit. Feel free to add me...
  • tonyote40
    Options
    I am on my second week. The first week killed I was so sore, but I am on level 2 and have lost 5 pounds and can already see a difference in my body. Good luck, stay with it even if you want to quick. Jillian will kick your *kitten*, but it is worth it!
  • ashleymarie892
    ashleymarie892 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started today too!!! =) And I am going to finish this time!! Add me!! =)
  • zarabarry
    zarabarry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started today too, found the push ups the hardest (I've never been good at them) and I don't think I've sworn at the tv so much in my life.
  • Queenie_O
    Queenie_O Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I ended up not starting until this morning. I had to modify the push ups (did them off the wall) and I did a little bit of swearin' at the TV too.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hey there...I actually just posted about this. I literally just got done doing it for the first time.....I was really scared to start too!!! However, it is awesome and I highly recommend it! I am shaking and have sweat pouring down my face, so I know I got a good workout!

Good luck!
  • irvinedbs
    Options
    Just did Day 2 and can barely type my arms hurt that much. I'm such a wuss lol! Feeling all chuffed tho for completing it. Had bad thoughts but no energy to swear at the TV!

We can do it! Good luck you guys!

:bigsmile:
  • tourettte
    Options
    Last night was day two and I was in so much pain i almost quit. But I didn't. I did my 25 min workout :so proud: i broke so many lazy quitter habits :))
    Although I had to make two one minute breaks cause I almost fainted.
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Stick to it ladies! It gets easier around the 4th day.
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    Day 3 down, starting to get easier, how are you ladies and gents doing?
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    Day 4 down. Day 1 I wayyyyy overdid it and had to rest for three days due to out of control quad burn. Now its getting easier but its still not easy.
  • lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    Options
    The DVD is $10 at Wal-Mart. I just bought it today and I'm going to start tonight when the kids go to bed. I have some health issues, so I won't be moving at quite the same pace, but I know it definitely will help me. I'm super psyched about it!
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 6 tonight. I find it interesting that some of the days (other than day 1) easier, but day 5 I really struggled to keep up. Must be what I ate that day. Let's keep it going! xo
  • MrsNelson0904
    MrsNelson0904 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS before but I've never gotten past the first level. I plan on starting up again on Monday and I'll probably also encorporate C25K 3 days a week. I have not lost a pound since my son was born almost 10 months ago and I have no one to blame but myself!
  • tourettte
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to do it last night properly (i was on a trip stuck in a car) so i've done it this morning and i'll do it in the evening again (around 9) to make up for last night. And it does get easier, second day workout killed my pain from the first day :)

I can do it with a thigh injury? (i got burned)
  • irvinedbs
    Options
    Stick to it ladies! It gets easier around the 4th day.

I really hope so! Just completed Day 3 and all is good. Now when I say "good", I mean depite Jillian's attempts to kill me, she hasn't succeeded yet...

:bigsmile: x D
  • chezileigh
    chezileigh Posts: 255
    Options
    Do you think it would be too much to take on 30DS and C25K at the same time?

I'm doing it. About to start week 3 of a 5k training program (not c25k but similar), and have just done day 7 level 1 of 30DS. I'm managing fine. I do the shred every morning and run every other evening. Thursday is my rest day when I just doing my walking and horse riding and nothing higher impact.

So far I've had disappointment from the scales, some inch loss which is great, a massive improvement in strength and endurance, and hopefully more inch loss to come as I am approaching TOM so am blaming the slowish results this week on that :)
  • chezileigh
    chezileigh Posts: 255
    Options
    I should say though, I don't eat particularly clean. I stay within a big enough calorie deficit to lose 1 - 2lbs per week and I stay within the fat limits set by MFP. Sugar I always go over, my sugar limit is actually used up within less than my five a day in fruit, so I don't let that bother me. I try to choose wholegrain complex carbs. If we do get takeaway I get chop suey or balti, both of which are easily within my calorie goals for an evening meal.

The reason I eat like this is because I want my changes to be sustainable, I've eaten super clean before and because I'm not personally that committed to it, I end up going back to old habits, and not counting because I feel thin, and then before I know it I'm not thin again.

So I guess what I'm saying is, those of you who might eat wholegrain, clean protein, and veggies only, with no caffeine at all, and absolutely no chocolate etc. will probably get much better results than me and so don't let my results put you off.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have not done it since Thurs. My back was killing me and so is the rest of me. I will either start consistently tomorrow or Monday and take it from there.