Wedding dress woes..

Options
I am getting married in 2 months. I have lost 30 pounds the past two months and plan on losing another 20. (I am rocking Power90 and starting Insanity on Monday)...

I have not begun looking at dresses bc I don't see the point when I am losing so much weight. I am not getting an expensive dress, or even a typical "wedding" dress. It's my second marriage and we are going on a private destination wedding...

How should I go about this? Should I wait, or buy now?

Thanks!

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I tried on my wedding dress the other day and it still fits ok, even though I'm 30 pounds lighter. Some styles are much more adaptable than others. If you don't have a particular style in mind, try looking for one that would give you some leeway.
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Given that it's a private destination wedding and you won't have to worry about ordering/fittings, etc, you could wait a month or so and then find something that flatters your new shape/size. There are some nice boutiques and shops that could easily accommodate you on a short time frame. (Then if you need further changes, they won't be as drastic as if you bought something now and then lost a significant amount of weight.)
    Congratulations on the wedding!
  • chiquitatwist
    chiquitatwist Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Definitely buy now. Dresses, in general, can be taken in up to two sizes without changing the overall structure. You'll want to leave at least three weeks for alterations or you might get charged a rush fee. I worked at a bridal store for 3 years and saw many unhappy ladies who waited too long
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If you find one that you really like you can buy it and they can cut it down - usually under $100 depending on how much material. I did this for my wedding dress and with the right person doing the work it looks awesome.