Eat breakfast after 8pm?

Options
drmerc
drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
Since my metabolism shuts down after 8pm... Can I jump start it by eating breakfast right before bed?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is always a good idea. Bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy please.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Take a small nap first. Sleeping stops all calorie burning. Then eat breakfast to rev it upppp
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Since my metabolism shuts down after 8pm... Can I jump start it by eating breakfast right before bed?

You must eat breakfast foods when you eat "breakfast" or your body will be confused and store it all as fat
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    But not just coffee. Having just coffee for breakfast is bad. Very bad.
  • drmerc
    Options

You must eat breakfast foods when you eat "breakfast" or your body will be confused and store it all as fat

I thought confusing my body helped me lose fat?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I thought confusing my body helped me lose fat?

I think you're thinking of muscle confusion, which is obviously the only way to build muscle. For fat loss confusing the body can result in storing fat, even at low calorie intake
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Eating breakfast foods at any time of the day won't do anything. Your body won't be confused by breakfast, lunch, or dinner foods at any given time. It just recognizes it as food/energy.
  • SerenaNatasha
    Options
    LOL
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

Why do you think your metabolism shuts down after 8pm?
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    For goodness sakes you must throw a banana in the mix too!
  • drmerc
    Options

My friends second cousin told me
  • Barbellerella
    Options

More reliable than Dr Oz :drinker:
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.. thats why I say you should eat it for all 3 meals.

Breakfast for breakfast.
    Breakfast for lunch.
    And most importantly breakfast for dinner!

:tongue:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Ok, I get it... I know, I know, I know!

But totally serious, I found out after some research that I should have eaten a smoothie shake @ 2AM the night before my triathlon. Then go back to sleep until 5 am, which is when I hit the road on race day.

Now thats crazy!

In other news, research shows that eating carbs at dinner will force your metabolism to work BACKWARDS while you sleep. More on this story, at 11.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options

More reliable than Dr Oz :drinker:

Are you kidding? Dr. Oz is the smartest person EVER! We should do everything he says at all times! Then throw in a shot of vodka every time he contradicts himself. Guaranteed to be a great day, though you might want someone else to drive you around...
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    For goodness sakes you must throw a banana in the mix too!
    No never eat a banana, the starch will turn inot fat!!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    No, no, no. If you eat breakfast after 8pm, your body will be confused and think it's the next day. Which will mean you've effectively skipped dinner, causing you to go into starvation mode.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Dude I'm getting sick of you posting your misinformation and getting people to believe this crap. Seriously, you know how much I care about stuff like this so I can't believe you'd have the balls to man up and post some utter CRAP like the above.

It's 7pm , not 8.

@#$#.
  • Barbellerella
    Options
    ^^^^ I just died :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    But not just coffee. Having just coffee for breakfast is bad. Very bad.

I eat when I'm hungry, which happens to be about 11am most days, I start my day with coffee and heavy cream.

I'm a bad man, very bad.

<wanders off to the naughty corner>