What's up guys?

Options
Hey guys and gals. New guy here, sorta. I had this little diary app on my phone months ago but kind of fell off the wagon. I just downloaded it again and realized it had a website too, so here I am.

I've been overweight since 3rd grade but I don't consider myself obese. I'm pretty normal looking (I think anyway, it's all subjective). I do have a gut though. I've been trying to join the Army for a few years now. I took the ASVAB, scored really well, then started dating this girl, got complacent and just never lost the weight. I was around 305lbs at my heaviest and I'm at about 277 right now.

I've been doing Atkins for a while now, but I always seem to mess it up and cheat. I've been pretty good the last week though. I don't know what to expect from this site but I figured it's worth a shot. It's not going to make me cheat on my diet more, so I guess it wouldn't hurt.

Anyway, just saying hello. So, hello to you all.
-Jason

Replies

• pinkly14fun2
    Options
    Hello right back at ya!
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. :happy:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Lots of ideas, information, advice and support here that I am sure you will find helpful.

Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • ndbirdmomDiane
    Options
    Welcome back! I think you will find this site quite helpful in accomplishing your goal of losing weight. Eating low carb is the way to go. MFP can help you eat low carb. You can track your carbs and any other nutrient you want and you can see as the day progresses how well you are staying within the parameters. Good luck. I know you will be successful. Diane
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Welcome back. I think we hae all fallen off the wagon at least once. But, its a great community lots of support and tons of information. Feel free to add me as friend.
  • jpcamden
    jpcamden Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the welcomes.

And you're probably right Lellie. I know I've fallen off the wagon plenty of times. I think the real kick in the behind was when I realized one of my best friends who is 4 years younger just hit E-5 in the Army. I'm not jealous of him, because I know he earned it, but I feel like I should have joined a long time ago. I've just been slacking for the last few years.

That, and I'm 27 now and I have a crappy job that barely pays anything, haha.
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I for one have found MFP to be a fantastic tool! You can definitely do it! We're here or support!
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yea sometimes other people and their accomplishments will open your eyes in more ways than one. Trust me. It has mine. My aunt who I am named after and they call me her mini-me, lost around 90lbs she looks like a different woman. My dad said well its your turn. So I have really been trying a little harder. I just am not going to starve myself, nor am I going to tell myself no. I am going to find healithier alternatives or moderate my portions. Then workout extra hard lol. I actually just joined my local Y and am getting a personal trainer. I am determined to be goal weight by my 30th bday. Then I want to skydive.

You should totally just lose the weight join the navy and then have your mfp friends come visit you at the beach. lol
  • thecuster5
    Options
    Hi I am Angie, I have been tracking myself for a week now and lost 2 lbs. I am diabetic and need to lose a good 50 lbs. I am on my way. The thing is I never finish my commitment. This time I am !!
  • jpcamden
    jpcamden Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Navy?! Boo!

I'm going Army. :D
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I'll add you. Let me know if you need anything.