Seeking a good fitting JEAN ?

Options
Hey gals!

Recently I went shopping . . . I'm sure I may not be the only one with this problem. I'm 26, about 5'3" and curvy. I love my curves!! I've joined this site looking to lose in some places, but I do love my curves. Problem is, I can't really find a pair of jeans to accentuate my figure. I usually shop the juniors section because they fit my hips and butt a little better, yet my thighs are a little large and give it about 3 months and they rip-in the same spot every time time!!. Plus I'm not sure the quality is top notch. Womens and Misses jeans fit my thighs well, but my butt always looks saggy and they are usually too high on my waist - no offense, like a mommy-jean.

I feel like I'm getting too old for the juniors, but feeling too "little" for the womens/misses section. I feel VERY in between.

Any gals out there with the same problem? Any solutions? Brands to try that have a better shape/figure to them?

Replies

• equinegirl200
    equinegirl200 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Petite pants fit me much better than regular pants. Harder to find and can be more expensive, but they seem to fit short and curvy better!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have curves also, and I also like MINE..............i do better with jeans that are stretch!! I also like low risers and i also wear petites.
  • meriatonB
    Options
    I'm tall and if I could pull the tummy around to the butt, I would be okay! Seriously, though, I need jeans with stretch. My favorite jeans come from Deb, (a great place for the younger crowd to get cute clothes that flatter larger sizes. I'm a size 22 and these jeans are awesome!). My favorite place for bras and other lingerie, though, is Cacique.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Oh I know where they have the best jeans..................Fashion Bug..........they got jeans that are smaller in the waist and bigger in the hips .
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I'm a curvy women too and wouldn't change it for the world.. just tighten up.. I like Old Navy's jeans and some cuts of Levi's fit good... It can be a pain to find pants that fit over my big booty but these work well for me.. Good luck..:drinker:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I really like The Limited jeans. I have a smaller waist and bigger butt, so I have a problem with butt gap. I have found these to fit pretty good for my curves. They're not too tight on the thighs either! They're also not "teen" and not "mom" in terms of waist, they have a nice balance between the two and sit below the belly button. That way you can get out of the juniors department without sacrificing style :) Check them out...you can always find them on sale for $30 or so!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I have bigger thighs and a small waist so I'm in your same boat. The Dojo Seven Jeans seem to fit me better as well as the Joe's Jeans in Rocker or Lover styles. Joe's makes a jean style that is called honey that is supposed to be for gals with curves so that might be something to check out.

If you have a Nordstrom'd Rack nearby I would check them out. You can get the jeans for under $100.00 which is a steal. If your there on the right day you can scan the clearance racks and find some awesome deals! I got a pair of seven for all mankind for $60.00!
  • equinegirl200
    equinegirl200 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I second The Limited! I love their jeans!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Gene.

Nooooo........your name is Max.....and you love genes
  • phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    A friend suggested Levi's 515 recently and I am digging them. I got them one size smaller than what fit perfectly because they have stretch. They go on a bit tight but once they stretch, the actually fit.

I've been happy the waist to hip ratio as well.
  • seventyfivetogo
    Options
    I know you're looking for something more hip and in but Lane Bryant has great jeans. They actually have jeans made to fit you depending on your problem areas. For me, normally jeans either fit my waist but not my thighs or fit my thighs but not my waist. I am a YELLOW but they have RED and BLUE as well.

Try it out. I'm 21 and I do love to wear what is in. Macy's INC also has some cute jeans but pricey. Lane Bryant is around $40.
  • Katton
    Katton Posts: 17
    Options
    Yep, Levi 515's are great. Not too low, not to high and work great if you have a booty. Get them tight because they stretch out but they are very comfortable. Levi makes a 505 too that come in straight leg if you like that look too. I also have good luck with Eddie Bauer jeans.
  • lfischer
    lfischer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I second Joe's Jeans. I get mine at the Rack as well - usually half price. They are the only jeans that don't give me the butt gap and that fit my thighs ;)
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My favorite ones right now are Not Your Daughter's Jeans (NYDJ) they look great, are smoothing and really comfortable. They have them at Macy's
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    Thanks for all the help!! I'm willing to pay a good price for a good pair of jeans!! They are my staple item and I'm just tired of them either ripping (and not in the cool, destroyed looking way) or my butt sagging in my one pair of Lees. I'll keep you posted!!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and am pear shaped, bigger hips & bum with a smaller waist so I have had major issues with jeans. Once I finally stopped buying juiniors I became a LOT happier, I buy my jeans from either Express or New York & Co, Express's Eva is PERFECT but they closed the store in the mall by me so I tried NY&Co and theirs are almost as perfect, and a little cheaper too :) Both kinds will fit your butt & hips without the big gap at the waist.

good luck!