Why hello there :)

Options
mclick1
mclick1 Posts: 17 Member
Hi there!

My name is Melissa and I've been using MFP for a while now. I was doing very well for the first two and a half months of this year, but unfortunately, I was student teaching this past semester and around the middle of March, things took a backslide.

I was told that I needed to spend more time preparing for the classes I was teaching in order to receive an A in student teaching, which was difficult because I was already at the school from about 7:00 am until 4:00 pm each day. I also had to hold down a job in order to pay my bills, so 3 days out of the week, I also went to work after leaving the school. I was managing to attend Zumba classes on my days off, eat well, and do 30 day shred on my work days, but by the middle of the semester I was worn out, and something had to give. I was going to bed too late because I had to work out in the evening. That is when my healthy lifestyle started to suffer.

I had lost 20 lbs as of March 25th, but I have gained about half of it back, simply by becoming inactive and making more frequent poor choices, but I'm ready to get back on track. I have accepted a job at a school as a teaching assistant, which will mean I have my evenings free and clear of planning in order to maintain my healthy lifestyle long enough for it to become second nature.

I currently have about 2 months until the school year starts and I would very much like to get back down to at least 20 lbs lost(12 lbs to go) and hopefully as high as 30 lbs lost in those two months. I am going to devote my days to eating healthy, exercise and forming healthy habits that will carry me through the school year. :)

Also, I'm taking a trip this Christmas as a graduation present from my parents back to my hometown of Las Vegas, and I would like to be somewhere around 60-75 lbs lost. I love mfp, and I need to get back into using it daily because that will definitely help me reach these goals!

Good luck to all of you as well with each of your goals!

Replies

• selanders
    selanders Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm about to enter my second year of teaching middle schoolers, so I know how stressful your life probably is during the school year. I am loving having this summer to recuperate, and hopefully get back some of my health before the start of the school year. Good luck with continuing your healthy habits!
  • mclick1
    mclick1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know i posted this in the Motivation board also, but I am trying to complete a vlogging project that I set up for myself called Project 150 Fit. If you could watch the videos, and leave a comment with a challenge suggestion, that would be fantastic and I would really appreciate it. :)

Here is the link to my most current video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M4SVrMGdo8&feature=g-upl