SHAKES!!! (drinks)

Options
Does anyone here know of any good shake mixes or powders or whatever to take?
I don't want the ones you drink after working out with a bunch of calories. (P90x anyone??)

I want a shake mix that makes you feel full. Kind of like a meal replacer. And low on cals.
(does that even exist!?!?)

Replies

• ryanlove12
    Options
    Shakeology.. 150 Calories.. 19 g of protein, 14 g of veggie carbs.. breakfast replacement.. Hit me up for details
  • papate
    papate Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Right Size Smoothies. Several differnent flavors, great recipes, only 110 calories. I've been having for breakfast and lunch for couple weeks, and their great
  • stina0t2
    stina0t2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love the Vega Sport shakes. 25 g plant protein, 120 calories.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Most protein shakes have between 120-150 calories. Not sure how much lower cal you want.
  • dallen388
    Options
    GNC Total Lean shakes are pretty good and also filing. About 170 calories, 6 carbs, 2 sugar. 6 grams of fat. Very filling for me. All the flavors are great. I drink the ready to drink ones just because I am busy with 4 kids and always running out of the door and if I had to make them I'd probably forget or not have time and end up getting hungry while out and eating something else.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I make my own with Designer Whey protein powder (French Vanilla or Chocolate), ice, a little low cal juice or unsweet almond milk and fruit or PB with Vitamix/blender (generally around 200-230 calories. For a shake and go I love Trutein (www.bodybuilding.com) with water and crushed ice in a shaker cup. Flavors like Cinnabun and Choc dipped banana help :-) They are only 115-120 cals so not a meal replacement but do help me feel full (snack and post workout) Add a banana or other healthy carb and it would be a meal replacement.
  • ItsGoodToHaveGoals
    ItsGoodToHaveGoals Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Shakeology - Chocolate & you'll never go back to anything else
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is gross and to expensive. FYI. Just have protein shake and or fruit/yogurt smoothie!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is gross and to expensive. FYI. Just have protein shake and or fruit/yogurt smoothie!

Expensive indeed. You'll find something equally beneficial (or better) for MUCH less in price. Most shakes are all higher in calories though. I drink Optimum Nutrition's Double Rich Chocolate with 2 cups almond milk and it comes to 180 calories. Just 120 if you drink it with water, though.

ETA: This makes me feel very VERY full after I drink it.
  • ryanlove12
    Options
    to each their own... Shakeology is expensive because it works... it works because it comes with your own personal fitness coach who monitors your meal plan. I would never push it on somebody who didn't want it though.... I only want people to drink it who will do the WORK that comes with being in shape and living that lifestyle.. anything else is just bad advertising.

I am very sorry if your experiences weren't positive.. I personally have never had that feedback from my clients. Best of luck in the path you choose.
  • jynxxxed
    Options
    I agree.. to each his own. I have nothing against it other than the price and the hype.. as you stated, the real benefit of it is coming with somebody to hold your hand throughout the process.
    Nothing against people who need a trainer, but for most it's just not practical (price-wise) and can be done by themselves with just willpower. There are much cheaper options out there that do the same thing as Shakeology. :)
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I like Body Fortress. It is very reasonable. Trying Pure Protein right now....only 3 g carbs 25 g protein. The flavor might be a little better but more expensive and you have to use more. I always get Vanilla & mix it with fruit.
  • FrozenGod
    Options
    Honestly any shake is gonna be about 150-200 calories, personally I use Muscletech whey protein with a spoonful of peanut butter and a banana during or after most workouts. Its def. filling and as long as your working out hard your gonna need that extra energy anyways.
  • luvmycats6197
    luvmycats6197 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Cambridge Diet shakes and soups --they 're also in the MFP food database-- not that expensive. 1 can has 15 servings ( and is about $24-25)-- so 5 days (3 shakes per day) and the good thing is 100% of daily vitamins/ nutrients in 3 servings...
  • ryanlove12
    Options
    Well, as somebody who pays mortgage, student loans, truck, wife's car, day-car, medical insurance.. by being great...not just good... at "holding peoples' hand" I kind of resent that. I'm not going to be nasty about it, because I really do hope that all of you reach your fitness goals, However, I KNOW that I can get that done for anybody... any-body. Yet, I will not come on here and bash another product or profession.
  • ladye101
    Options
    I have been using eas advantage shakes for over 4 years 110 calories/18grams protein they are good but I have found a better protein shake reccomended by hospital staffs and docors go to Unjury Medical Protein.com read about them and try the sample packets. They taste wonderful it is a whey protein and 21 grams of protein, mixes with water milk in your coffee. try it see for yourself I love them have swiched over from my eas advantage and I am melting away gracefully.
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    I have been drinking Shakeology every day for a year and a half...even my super picky husband likes it!

I've heard about Vega--how's the taste? Might add that into the mix! I'm pretty picky about ingredients...will have to look that one up!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    really expensive premium shakes are kind of a rip off imo (shakeology, or anything aimed at women). go with a tasty plain whey - chocolate or vanilla. they have high protein, low fat and carbs, low calories, mix into milk for something tasty. my favourite it 2 scoops of chocolate blended with some milk and ice.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    To an above poster, What's a good one that includes vitamins? I was at gnc today they had one that had a multi in it. Guy said it was tastier than gnc whetbolic amp 60(nasty) I miss my shakeology. If it was only $70/mo I'd buy it again, but just can't swing the price. Nor can I remember the one I'm prob going back for tomorrow at gnc. It was in a silver container.
  • jynxxxed
    Options
    Well, as somebody who pays mortgage, student loans, truck, wife's car, day-car, medical insurance.. by being great...not just good... at "holding peoples' hand" I kind of resent that. I'm not going to be nasty about it, because I really do hope that all of you reach your fitness goals, However, I KNOW that I can get that done for anybody... any-body. Yet, I will not come on here and bash another product or profession.

Again, I have nothing against trainers. I'm sure you help keep a lot of people motivated and on track and you're clearly passionate about what you do. I respect that. I just know a lot of people who think that's the only way to ever be fit, though it's not. I'm sure that you can help anybody reach their goals.. because ANYBODY can do it with the right motivation! (With or without a trainer/overpriced fitness products)