8 months to reach goal?!

Options
Hi, I've lost 30 pounds so far and have been stuck on a plateau for little over a month, with vacation and what not over with, I can re-vamp my workouts and eating plan and focus on my goal...

i'd like to lose an additional 60-70 pounds, and i would like to reach this goal in about 8 months, Is this doable? I'd just like some confirmation from others that this is a reasonable goal within a reasonable amount of time.

also any pointers to reach this goal would be greatly appreciated:) thanks MVP people!

Replies

• bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    It's do able but, it's hard. Today marks 8 months exactly and 77.8 lbs. I stay in my calorie goal, work out every day of the week but 1, and the biggest advice is: if you drink at all, give it up. I really think that's what gave me a boost! Other than that, stay in your cals and macros and work out hard and you can do it. Best of luck!
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    How long did it take to loose the 30?
  • Leesa808
    Leesa808 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I got to push myself a little harder to get through this plateau of 30 pounds, then i'll be on my way! thanks again:)
  • mjwardone
    Options
    This is absolutely, doable if you are completely committed.

Just remember your goal would be about 2 lbs a week. This comes out to a deficit of 1000 calories a day. If you really have 60-80 lbs to lose than it is possible you will be able to shave this amount of caloric intake off without too much stress. But for others who are just overweight (by BMI) and not in the obese category this would likely be too ambitious.

How exciting would it be though to lose all that weight!? You can do it! Your body deserves it. My very best wishes. Start today!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Losing 70 pounds depends on lots of factors including how easily you lose weight so it is hard to say exactly how long it will take you. You definitely CAN lose a significant amount of weight in 8 months by sticking to whatever diet/exercise program works best for you. Good luck and congrats on the loss!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    If it is easy for you to lose weight, quite possible.

Like everyone says, it is possible but not an easy feat! But, if you stay positive and keep pushing, it is very possible! BUT, if the 70 lbs is the only thing you have to lose then it may be a little harder then for someone who has much more to lose.

BUT, again, it is doable!! MUCH SUCCESS and good luck!!! :)
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Most importantly... Never give up on a dream due to the amount of time it takes to accomplish it... the time will pass anyway. No matter if you make the goal or not, you will be certainly closer than you are now as long as you work at it. :wink:
  • Leesa808
    Options
    This is absolutely, doable if you are completely committed.

Just remember your goal would be about 2 lbs a week. This comes out to a deficit of 1000 calories a day. If you really have 60-80 lbs to lose than it is possible you will be able to shave this amount of caloric intake off without too much stress. But for others who are just overweight (by BMI) and not in the obese category this would likely be too ambitious.

How exciting would it be though to lose all that weight!? You can do it! Your body deserves it. My very best wishes. Start today!

Thanks! i have already lost 30 lbs using MFP and regular daily workout, but i think i'm going to strat up with the gym again to help mose pass this discouraging plateau. I get excited just thinking about it, that hard work will be so worth it!! thanks again:)
  • Leesa808
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm really happy with all of the replies i've received!, so motivating and encouraging... Thank you all xo!!!!
  • fitX38
    fitX38 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    2lbs a week is usually normal but u probably already know that. I've read a lot about interval training to break thru a plateau I guess its periods of moderate exercise with spurts of intense and back to moderate....like jogging for a min then sprinting for a min and back to jogging. Also, weight training in addition to your cardio if you're not already...although it may seem you will gain weight since muscle is heavier than fat - more muscle will burn more fat...hope that helps
  • Leesa808
    Options
    Most importantly... Never give up on a dream due to the amount of time it takes to accomplish it... the time will pass anyway. No matter if you make the goal or not, you will be certainly closer than you are now as long as you work at it. :wink:

This is so very true, and a great way to look at things, no matter what i do in these 8 months time will pass, so if i keep working towards my goal i'll be closer to reaching it then if i just keep saying "tomorrow i'll work harder"...i'm going to work hard TODAY. thank-you:)