Want my pre-baby figure back!!

Options
I am a 40-ish year old mother of 2 kids under the age of 5. I work full time, from home, and am SICK of not liking how I look. I REALLY want to get down to my pre-baby weight. I have about 15-20 lbs to lose. I am only 5'1" so that's a lot for someone with such a small frame. I know I can do it, I just need some encouragement and need to know that it IS POSSIBLE and I am not condemned to a life of feeling frumpy and middle aged. Please give me a pep talk and I will be so grateful!!

Replies

• RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Oh my. You need a perky friend like me who loves diet food. Check out my profile and send me a friend request.
  • raytastic06
    raytastic06 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Im right there with ya! Im 24 and just had my first baby and I have about 20 lbs to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight! I know I can do it though and so can you!!! The most important thing is to eat a clean diet. Work hard and you WILL see results!!!
  • fluteypie
    fluteypie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mother but I'm 5'0" and needing to lose about 15lbs as well, so I can definitely relate to you! Feel free to add me if you'd like! :) I'd love for us to help motivate each other!
  • Buttabooti
    Options
    I also want my pre-baby figure back. My LO just turned one and I'm still holding onto these last 10 pounds. I refuse to spend another winter in yoga pants. I want my jeans back!
  • Ricalde
    Ricalde Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm a mommy as well! Except I want to lose about twice as much as you! My daughter is 8 months old so I kinda can't use the "I just had a baby" excuse anymore!!!
  • Reebee22
    Reebee22 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I hear ya there sister! I have two kiddies the youngest is 3 and I wan't my figure back!!!! ive tried so many different diets and exercise and just don't get anywhere!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Sometimes...your baby gives you a new figure :smile: I'm just 3-4 pounds off my pre-babies weight, but it is distributed differently. But there is no reason you can't get into the best shape of your life right now!
  • tetecia
    tetecia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You're down to the last 15-20 lbs! But, remember; that the weight is distributed differently after baby. I used to be fairly straight; in size. But, i've noticed now i've definitely got more hips ect and so it does change the way that you carry the weight too. Something to keep in mine (although i'm sure you have). Remember, just eat smart and stay active! But, i'm sure with 2 little ones under 5 they keep you active as it is!
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I am a Mommy of 5 and I'm 29. My youngest 2 are only 13 months apart. I am now 7 weeks PP and on week 2 of Insanity. It is making a huge difference already! I posted pictures in the success stories area titled My Insanity Progress(2 Weeks in).
  • ryanlove12
    Options
    I probably have 40-50 clients in this life-stage.. I will offer any advice you want, because I am sympathetic to it as my wife just had our first child, and I (don't really claim to understand) but sympathise with what a body change that is. feel free to message me anytime.. and good luck. It's done everyday, so you can do it too.
  • BethlovesRene
    BethlovesRene Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, I have a 6 and 3 yr old. I want to lose 15-20 lbs
  • MIchelleH2027
    MIchelleH2027 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    I am 17 days away from the last birthday I will ever have!!! I have two kids too, however, mine are 13 and 16. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have my pre baby figure back. To look like I did at 21!!!!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    5'3 mom of two.

Just had a baby last June of 2011.

Took me awhile to get my body back after the first one. I actually gained weight after he was born to add to the prebaby weight....learned my lesson the 2nd time around.

pregnancy #1- 109 at prepreggers, 160 at delivery...180- 6 months later!

Pregnancy #2- prepregnancy - 125, at delivery 156, currently - 119!