Anybody shop at Sprouts

Options
ABQsheila
ABQsheila Posts: 46 Member
My favorite grocery store (Sunflower Markets) will soon be owned/managed by Sprouts. I am disappointed that many of the Sunflower brand foods will no longer be available. Their produce is wonderful and they have great weekly sales on fruits and vegetables. Way more affordable than Whole Foods. It's my primary source of affordable fresh produce. I'm hoping that Sprouts will be a comparable place to shop. Anybody familiar with Sprouts and what's your opinion of that store.

Replies

• 2018LifeChange
    2018LifeChange Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love the prices of Sprouts. Most of the time, the quality of their produce is great - sometimes, not so great. Since Sprouts is further away for me, a lot of the time I take the Sprouts ads to Walmart for price-matching. For the most part, the Walmart quality is very good for the price.

Oh...and I've shopped at Sunflower in the past - but it's been several years. From what I remember, the quality and pricing is very comparable to Sprouts, I don't think you'll see much of a difference.

I can't afford Whole Foods either, in general, although I do shop there for specific items.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Sprouts is OK. Cheaper than Whole Foods, more expensive than Trader Joe's.
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I went there for the first time today! We bought SOO much stuff (all fruits and veggies) and left the store only paying $19.99. We had 4 bags packed full. LOVED that!
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like Sprouts, but like any other store, prices change depending on the week/item. I think they have the best produce section near my home (Mesa, AZ). Sprouts also has their own brands of items which are probably similar to Sunflower market. I dont think you will be too disappointed.
  • ABQsheila
    ABQsheila Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I found a weekly ciircular on line for Sprouts and the specials do seem similar to Sunflower. I'll have to check out Trader Joe's and see how it compares. It's much further away but it might be worth the extra drive time.
  • 2018LifeChange
    2018LifeChange Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can sign up and get Sprouts weekly circular emailed to you every week.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I do when I am close to it. One opened up in Fort Worth a year or so ago. I think they have good prices on some things. But I couldn't afford to shop there. I just stop in and grab some of the bulk items.
  • twaltemade
    twaltemade Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I really like Sprouts, especially on Wednesdays since the run the new ads nd he previous ads at the same time. Great produce, and great produce prices!! Whole Foods is nice if you are shopping with someone else's credit card.
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I shop at sprouts and get their frequent buyer (or whatever it's called) emails, they sent me one saying they were merging the two and that they would be using some of Sunflowers brands as well, I haven't really noticed. They have really great prices on produce - i save all of my veggie shopping for Sprouts. Their chicken thighs are the best! Don't know why it's so much better, but it is!
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Sprouts and Sunflower are very similar. Sprouts was my go-to grocery store in my old apartment, but my house is very close to a Sunflower so it is now my regular store. It seemed like the produce was a little better at Sprouts but the store brand foods are better/cheaper at Newflower (but I don't buy enough packaged foods to really make a difference.) Both have pretty good bulk food bins. I don't think you'll notice a big difference when the stores combine. They both have double ad Wednesday, so I don't think there's any worry of that going away!