30 day shred motivation!

Options
just finished day two of the 30 day shred. i tried about a year ago and quit after day 20, i'm determined to finish it this time though! i almost didn't do it today but i convinced myself that i couldn't quit after one day...

anyway, if anyone else is doing it or thinking about starting, add me for some motivation! it really is a great workout. i saw results after 20 days last time so i'm excited for 30 days!

Replies

• BountifulBaker
    Options
    I too have had my 30 day shred DVD for over a year. I gave up around day 5. I just started again today and I am really hoping I can stick with it. I bought myself a Wii in February and have been doing dancing games and Zumba 2 ever since, so when I did 30 Day Shred today I didn't feel the need to quit half through as much! My biggest problem with it is that I don't feel like I do the ab exercises correctly.
  • jcaddy521
    jcaddy521 Posts: 5
    Options
    i just finished level one day 6 :):)
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    ha ha by day 3 I wanted to quit! Today was day 26 for me and a light went off that said HEY I got this! LOL
  • DMarieLVT
    DMarieLVT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    LOVE the 30 Day Shred! I bought it almost 2 years ago and did a few random workouts...it's been collecting dust ever since. I am now on day 17 and excited to start level 3 soon! I still go along with the beginner moves occasionally (especially the plyometric moves) but it's an AMAZING workout any way you do it. Keep with it because I know it will be such an awesome accomplishment to finish the whole 30 days :)
  • oldsalty1
    oldsalty1 Posts: 70
    Options
    I just finished day one of Level 1...
    Had a good sweat and veins poking out on my arms..I think I can go the whole 30 days...
    My exercise usually consists of Zumba 3-4 days a week and Extreme Cardio 2 days a week...Can't give up my Zumba so i will replace the Extreme Cardio with the Shred...
    Really surprised how quickly I started sweating...Hope this kick starts my weight loss...
    Did you guys do pictures and measurements...
  • UhOhItsKylie
    UhOhItsKylie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred all the way through about a month ago and I loved my results! That being said, I want to do it again but have zero motivation this time. It's always, "I'll start it tomorrow..." but tomorrow has been lasting for about 2 weeks now, haha.

Feel free to add me - we'll motivate each other! :)
  • IamL
    IamL Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I finished day 10 today! :)
  • mmancini73
    mmancini73 Posts: 89
    Options
    Keep going! I thought I was going to die after day 2, but the more you keep going with it the better you feel!
  • hippieklaar
    hippieklaar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I got through about 2 weeks of it and sprained my ankle. :/ First time I did it I got through about 2 days. lol.
  • soonpass
    soonpass Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS 3m ago and loved loved the results. I really want to do it again but I am so unmotivated!! I do go to the gym and workout but its all cardio (I am a strength training punk!) Anyway, I want to do it once more and start the 6 week 6 pack afterwards. The only time I saw inches come off my waist was with the 30DS and even I was unsure I was working my abs properly. I will ad a few of you looking for more MFPals, since I opened my diary to friends.
  • awomaame25
    awomaame25 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    have u lost anything in the 26 dAys of d shred?
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 2. HOLY CRAP I'm SORE! But I love this feeling! If you want to add me feel free!
  • RobinHayes7777
    RobinHayes7777 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Robin. I am a motivator for several ladies for Shredding. I have been doing it off and on for over 3 years. I have went as far as day 24 but only at level 1. This time around I am determind to complete it the right way. Tonight I completed day 18. 8th day into level 2 and Im scared to death about Friday when I start level 3!
  • jcaddy521
    Options
    i just finished level one day 10 of 30 day shred :):):) So excited to move onto level 2.....I had to take a few days off in between days on level one (ankle injury & some traveling) but for level 2 & 3 i am going to push thru!!! last time it took me about 90 days to complete LOL.....hoping to cut my time down some ;) feel free to add me, i would love to have some extra motivations =D
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I did 2 rounds of the 30 day shred, thinking of doing a 3rd later. It gets boring doing the same thing for 10 days but it works if you put your all into it and push yourself.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This was my first time doing 30DS. I started it in late June and have skipped a few days here and there. But I just completed day 28 and I will be restarting it. I love the results. I haven't followed the eating plan... in fact I had a splurge week my 2nd week into it. However, I still managed to lose almost 2 lbs per week in the last 3 weeks and 2.7 inches overall in the last 2 weeks.

I'm trying to reel my eating habits in more so that I can really see the true results.