Zumba for the nintendo wii

Can someone tell me about the game? is it hard to learn? is a good work out? do you enjoy it? is it something along the lines of just dance 2? do you work up a good sweat playing? any information before buying it would be wonderful!!!

Replies

• Alisamae18
    Alisamae18 Posts: 5 Member
    Zumba over all is amazing! but what you should really do is go to a zumba class in your town or go to youtube and compose a playlist and do it. The routines are wayyyy harder & it so much fun!
  • Krisstah
    Krisstah Posts: 136 Member
    I am too people shy to join a real life class right now.. but i am hoping this game will be close enough to the real deal to maybe help me get going with it.
  • I do the actual class! If you buy the game get the second one, the first one doesn't allow you to pick any song, it gives you a song until you learn it and unlock it. The second one you can start with any song. Almost all the songs are Spanish/ Latin types.
    But if you could find a class, do it! It is the most awesome thing, and the women there are such a support system.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    but what you should really do is go to a zumba class in your town

I have to second this statement. A single Aumba class can be as cheap as $5 if you ask the instructor if you can "shadow" the class. I was able to because my doctor said I should ask to try it out before paying a bunch of money for either a class or the dvd's/wii game. I have a lot of breathing issues and it was a concern of his. I'm trying a local class on Monday and hope it'll be worth buying the wii game for my birthday later this month.

Of course, downloading a playlist from youtube is even cheaper and I bet if you have a large enough screen or stream to your tv that would be a great way to test it out too. Good luck!
  • Susan77
    Susan77 Posts: 70 Member
    I have Zumba for the wii and i love it!!
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    I have the game for the Wii but didn't like actually doing it until I went to a class. I think it helped me learn the types of moves and such. Its fun, but I would also recommend doing other workouts as well.
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    It's ok. Maybe you could get it for used for cheap. I find that having to hold the wii remote the whole time is annoying. I am a horrible dancer but did play that game for quite a while. You will be sweating a lot. I really liked Golds Gym cardio boxing for the Wii as well. But you have to hold 2 remotes for that one, lol.
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Zumba 2 for the wii is great! I can burn up to 700 calories an hour. The music is fun, the moves are pretty easy to pick up and you can make the routines as easy or as intense as you want.
  • I keep hearing that getting DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) with one of the game pads is an awesome way to lose weight, you said you tried Just Dance 2, is that similiar? How did you like it if you did?
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    My daughter said it is like just dance2 but with more hip swiveling and more aerobic moves than dance moves, and you don't hold the controller it goes on a belt around your waist. She recommends it
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    I have Zumba 2 on the wii, it's ok but the controller keeps falling out of the belt. I ended up just giving the belt away and dancing on my own to the video. Every now again I just shake the remote to make sure it is still focused on the game.
  • How do you make a playlist on youtube for Zumba? I love Zumba!!! It would be cool to do the videos at home. Do you use certain videos?
  • Krisstah
    Krisstah Posts: 136 Member
    Thank you to those who recommended which game =) i will check out the second game!! thanks
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    You can also just order Zumba DVD's from Amazon....but I also agree, I LOVE the classes....they have it at the YMCA here:):tongue:
  • ashlensmomma
    ashlensmomma Posts: 124 Member
    I love it! I definitely sweat when I get into it. It's fun & it keeps you moving, plus working for bonus points really keeps you going. I would definitely recommend it.
  • imoverwait
    imoverwait Posts: 5 Member
    I have taken lots of Zumba classes (never considered myself a class person before – but, my friends dragged me once and I fell in love. I have been to lots of them all over and every class has a big mix of all levels and all sizes and ages of people) very accepting and a TON of fun. Just today I was searching online to buy Zumba for wii. I looked at a bunch on the past posting here on MFP and lots of people say Zumba 2 is much improved over the first version. I want to get it ASAP (and read on this site its best to buy it used to save money and unless you are size 10 or lower the belt that comes with it won’t fit – so this big girl will skip the belt for now :-) and can't wait to be able to get in extra sessions at home in addition to the local classes I drop into. Challenge yourself and try one group class - drag a friend or find someone from this site who is local who will go with you. If anyone is near Sonoma, CA - you can join me anytime you'd like - there is a great drop in class here in town ever Fri, Sat & Sun.