Feel like a failure! Will this new diet help?

Options
So this past week ive gained 2 pounds from overeating. I was supposed to start fresh today but sadly didnt and overate. I did figure out why and redid my diet. I would like to know if my new diet is any better. What ill eat is breakfast-1/2 cup oats an orange. Snack-1 long carrot stick, half a large cucumber. Lunch-an apple, a sandwich thin with vegan bologne. Snack-salad(salad mix and cottage cheese) dinner-morning star or green giant. Im 5-4 & weigh 139. Im trying to lose 9 pounds, so would i be able to do it with this diet? , and, im feeling really bad because i screwd up, so if anyone has any stories where they messed up and would like to share, please do. I feel like im the only one right now.

Replies

• amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are overeating and binging because you are not eatIng enough calories.
    If your diary was open, I'd be able to help more.
  • queenjme
    queenjme Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    all i see is fruit and lettuce...
    you need to add more carbs to your diet. your body is going into starvation mode so is holding onto the fat you have and everytime you over eat it will result in weight gain.

my day goes a little like this

breakfast: porridge
    lunch: an apple, a banana and an orange cut up into a fruit salad
    dinner: one day it will be salad with chicken the next will be roast potatos/pumpkin with meat then the next day again il have a salad
    snacks: hummus and crackers, salad sandwich (for the carbs) and probably a mini milkyway chocolate.

i also have kfc chips atleast 2 times a week..... and on those days il take out the sandwich.
    tonight i intend on having nachoes so ive done an extra workout.

also lets remove the word diet. when people say diet that shows that 1. their mind has already told you that its a temp solution, and 2. they wont suceed

i think the reason why your gaining is because your not commited. sit down and write some goals down. put it on the fridge. tell people that you intend on loosing weight so you would feel worst if you dont suceed.

one thing i would ask my clients is how would you feel if you reached your goal. think of how proud you would be. once youve thought about that then ask yourself how would you feel if you didnt reach that goal......

i wish you the best and trust me their are alot of people that have this mindset and say "diet starts monday..." fall off on friday then say "its ok il start again on monday".
  • megziejo
    megziejo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Losing weight is hard and if you don't take in enough then your body will crave food and then you'll binge. You need to round things out eat every few hours 3 things:, a small carb like fruit or breads about the size of your fist, a lean protein, about the size of your palm, egg whites, cheese sticks are great, then a small healthy fat, the size of half your thumb, like almonds, peanut butter, olive oil. Lots of fresh veggies throughout the day. You can still hit your calories and you will feel more satisfied.