How I lost 56 pounds in one day!

Options
This title is not a joke....I totally did, but I kind of cheated ;) After starting on MFP and losing about 20lbs in a two month period, I discovered that I had a large mass inside my abdomen that required surgery. Then once I had visited a few doctors, I found out it weighed over 50lbs! So after my pretty scary and major surgery, my combined total weight loss has been around 80lbs, so I wanted to show my first set of pictures :) The before set wasn't where my stomach was the most distended from the tumor, but I'll post a picture of my tummy right before surgery, so everyone can see how crazy it was!

Before
Aug4.jpg

After
Aug5.jpg

My poor distended abdomen
Aug2.jpg

I started out on MFP at 300 pounds and right now I'm around 220! Still not at my goal, but I'm getting there!!

Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I hope the surgery was a complete success! That must have been frightening.
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    I think I finally got them all resized and showing up!!
  • kaymarie78
    Options
    I hope the surgery was a complete success! That must have been frightening.

Thank you!! It went very well, and I'm on the mend!! I was completely terrified but so glad that it's over now!
  • bastgoddess7
    bastgoddess7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! Thank goodness you are okay!!! :)
  • PS2CR
    PS2CR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Was your story in the news recently? I think I remember reading something almost exactly like this; the doc was saying it was the largest tumor he'd ever removed, and it was quite a dicey surgery. Glad all went well, and congrats on the weight loss.
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Bloody hell, glad you're ok after your surgery and, welld one on the weight loss! It's all good in the hood flower :)
    This title is not a joke....I totally did, but I kind of cheated ;) After starting on MFP and losing about 20lbs in a two month period, I discovered that I had a large mass inside my abdomen that required surgery. Then once I had visited a few doctors, I found out it weighed over 50lbs! So after my pretty scary and major surgery, my combined total weight loss has been around 80lbs, so I wanted to show my first set of pictures :) The before set wasn't where my stomach was the most distended from the tumor, but I'll post a picture of my tummy right before surgery, so everyone can see how crazy it was!

Before
    Aug4.jpg

After
    Aug5.jpg

My poor distended abdomen
    Aug2.jpg

I started out on MFP at 300 pounds and right now I'm around 220! Still not at my goal, but I'm getting there!!
  • kaymarie78
    Options
    Was your story in the news recently? I think I remember reading something almost exactly like this; the doc was saying it was the largest tumor he'd ever removed, and it was quite a dicey surgery. Glad all went well, and congrats on the weight loss.

Not me...but I believe hers was around a hundred pounds if we're talking about the same woman!
  • jpbeck
    jpbeck Posts: 30
    Options
    Glad to see that you are recovering well and that mass was removed. Hopefully it didn't do any long term damage to your organs. I am curious though about something. How does a mass like this happen?
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    So glad that they found it and that the surgery went fine!!
  • PS2CR
    PS2CR Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Not me...but I believe hers was around a hundred pounds if we're talking about the same woman!
    Oh, wow...yes, I think we must be. To me, any tumor bigger than a newborn sounds astronomical, so the pound numbers start to blur. ;-)
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kaymarie78
    Options
    Glad to see that you are recovering well and that mass was removed. Hopefully it didn't do any long term damage to your organs. I am curious though about something. How does a mass like this happen?

Thank you!! And the doctors don't believe I'll have any long term damage. They suspected at first I had kidney damage because it was crushing my right kidney, but thankfully there wasn't. And it's actually grew from one of my ovaries (which was removed). It's called a cystadenoma, and the type are generally pretty rare and rare to reach that size from my understanding.
  • kaymarie78
    Options
    Bloody hell, glad you're ok after your surgery and, welld one on the weight loss! It's all good in the hood flower :)

So glad that they found it and that the surgery went fine!!

Thank you both :)
  • kaymarie78
    Options
    Holy crap! Thank goodness you are okay!!! :)

Holy crap was my reaction at first too lol!!
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That's so scary!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!