I did 5K for the first time this morning.

Options
bjdw1
bjdw1 Posts: 140 Member
Been doing C25K. Decided to skip week 8 (of 9) and go for the full 5k this morning. Done.

Now I've got 15 weeks to turn 5k into 21k before the Kerikeri Half Marathon on November 17.

Replies

• pamtram
    pamtram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That is awesome - you should be so proud of yourself.

I did the C25K and I still remember the first time I ran for 20 minutes straight (Xmas day 2009). It is such a buzz

Good luck with your 1/2 marathon training
  • alltalk199
    alltalk199 Posts: 275
    Options
    Well done! That is an awesome challenge to look foward to, all the best, I'm just finishing off week 14 C210k and I love it. Never thought I would ever be able to run and it feels good!
  • jenbehe
    jenbehe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats! I am at week 5 and can just run a mile now, can't wait to be able to run a full 5k! Good luck on your 21k!
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Well done - keep up the great work !
  • crafty30
    crafty30 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Ah well done you, Great achievement! I am half way through this now and at the moment 5k constant running looks impossible to me but I know it will happen!
    You must feel great, good luck for your half marathon training :-)
  • bjdw1
    bjdw1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm only doing 10kph (6mph) at the mo' but 2 months ago I was struggling to jog for two minutes nevermind 30. The program relly works if you stick with it.
  • dotmango
    dotmango Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the happiest thing in the entire world :)
  • SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Whee, congratulations! Hope you get some nice nearly-summer weather for the 21km run, and good luck with it.
  • okeedokee5
    okeedokee5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good job! I did C25K as well... could barely handle running a minute at the beginning, but can now pretty easily run 5 miles without thinking about it. I did my first 5K race this past weekend, and am now looking to run more of those along with training for a 10K.

And awesome for you for a half marathon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!