Man boobs.

Options
bjdw1
bjdw1 Posts: 140 Member
I've lost 15kg so far and my beer gut is nearly gone BUT my man boobs don't seem to be going anywhere.

Have my years of alcohol abuse screwed up my hormones? Are my man boobs here forever?

Replies

• Add76
    Add76 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    No they will go. To help that process along make sure you do some regular weight training. Or at the very least, do Push ups and Pull ups.
  • alltalk199
    alltalk199 Posts: 275
    Options
    Hahahaha, that's funny, there is a lot that you can do, chest press, weights, boxing as well! Have patience, You can do it!
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It'll happen in time as you continue to lose your body fat.
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15kg so far and my beer gut is nearly gone BUT my man boobs don't seem to be going anywhere.

Have my years of alcohol abuse screwed up my hormones? Are my man boobs here forever?

I feel your frustration !! Some advise taking zinc to help boost testosterone levels although it can also have the opposite effect. Weight training should firm up whats behind them so when you lose the fat deposits your musclature will be more defined, I'm only 2 months in to a weights programme and haven't had much change in the moobage :(
    I see you run too - compression top is great for reducing the chances of joggers nipple & muscle strains from excessive bounce

& good luck with the half marathon !
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    My husband seemed to have the same problem. But I have noticed very recently that with his pull ups, chest presses, and butterflies, that his man boobs are perky and tight with muscle. As the fat disappeared, the muscles appeared. Keep working those pectoral muscles and fill those bad boys up with muscle where the fat is disappearing from.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I hear yer pain, I am prone to them too.

I have them under control right now (not using a bra ;)) but they are the last things to lean out for me, which is annoying.

Resistance training has definitely helped (push ups, pull ups) and I've made WAY more progress with this coupled with some dietary changes.

Alcohol definitely won't help and will decrease your testosterone and up your estrogen, not good news for the pecs. Beer especially so.

I still drink my share (and somebody else's ;)) but it's red wine for me these days, seems to be working out better.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Embrace the moobs!

But, yeah, exercise your pectorals and don't let the moobs get you down.
  • delmc1
    delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    weight training is your best option . if you cant get to gym alternate push ups between regular and incline .for incline put your feet on a chair or bed .this will stimulate the muscle to pull the chest up and reduce your boobage
  • mikejacobs1958
    Options
    Running and dieting will help the beer gut, but I am afraid the only thing to get rid of them man boobs are upper body exercises !
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options

I feel your frustration !! Some advise taking zinc to help boost testosterone levels although it can also have the opposite effect. Weight training should firm up whats behind them so when you lose the fat deposits your musclature will be more defined, I'm only 2 months in to a weights programme and haven't had much change in the moobage :(
    I see you run too - compression top is great for reducing the chances of joggers nipple & muscle strains from excessive bounce

& good luck with the half marathon !

I'm on Testosterone injections and it seems to have made them more pronounced with bigger nipples , I think the body responds to large amounts of testosterone by producing oestrogen
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options

I'm on Testosterone injections and it seems to have made them more pronounced with bigger nipples , I think the body responds to large amounts of testosterone by producing oestrogen

I'd read that can happen, I dunno what to do for the best - keep at the weights and cardio I guess
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    In my limited experience, they don't look quite as bad with some strong pecs underneath. Start lifting weights, and the fat bits will go away eventually as you continue to eat properly.
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to get rid of something as sexy as man boobies? Hehe. Just kidding.

Like everyone else has been saying, keep up the upper body exercises (focus on the chest) and you'll start to see results!

Be wary that if your weight loss has been really super fast, it may take longer for the skin to catch up to the voids where the fat used to be. That's how I imagine it ...
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I hear yer pain, I am prone to them too.

I have them under control right now (not using a bra ;)) but they are the last things to lean out for me, which is annoying.

Resistance training has definitely helped (push ups, pull ups) and I've made WAY more progress with this coupled with some dietary changes.

Alcohol definitely won't help and will decrease your testosterone and up your estrogen, not good news for the pecs. Beer especially so.

I still drink my share (and somebody else's ;)) but it's red wine for me these days, seems to be working out better.

Dude, keep posting stuff like this and the pushup thing and I could start liking you!!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I used to have them bad!! Weight training has both shrunk them and developed the muscle around them. Now I have pecs instead of moobs.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I lost my gut, man boobs, pouch below my waist and my *kitten*.

I lost them all with good, old fashioned hard work at the gym and eating SOMEWHAT healthy.

It will happen for you as well.