weight loss pills that work!

Options
Do weight loss pills actually work? And has anyone had any success with them? Or are they just a myth!

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Well, think about it logically - if there WAS a pill that worked, wouldn't everyone be using it and there would be no obesity, and no need for all these magic pill purveyors to invest so heavily in advertising their wonder product?
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Do weight loss pills actually work? And has anyone had any success with them? Or are they just a myth!

I just finished a bottle of oxy-elite today. It's a thermogenic fat loss supplement. I lost 17lbs during the course of taking 1 bottle, 90 pills. Granted I worked out everyday and ate clean as hell (see my diary), that stuff works for me. Every summer I do a cut and take a bottle of some thermogenic supplement. In the past I would usualy loose about 10 lbs during the original course. This year with logging everything in MFP, it obv. helped even more. I dropped my previous winter weight pretty fast. Gettin ripped now.

d0ZVK.gif
  • Jadeus2
    Jadeus2 Posts: 36
    Options
    The Alli pill was a success for me. I lost two stone but then got pregnant with my second and put it all back on! I didn't help as I ate junk throughout!! Myfitnesspal has helped me lose that weight again :)
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    tend to work better for men than women honestly.
  • ieva015
    ieva015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    oxy elite is pretty good stuff
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Don't take any if it's a pill there's something unatural
    Do this cuts cals exercise eat as clean as you can you will drop the weight it takes tweaking but works x
  • mizzsmith123
    Options
    I have tryed Alli b4 and it didnt agree with me. Their are so many diet pills out der its just a joke! They all claim to work, its just hard finding one that will actually do the job. Guess it all just depends on how your body reacts to it. Guess il just have to stick to good old exercise and dieting lol
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    They are ok as a supplement to help, but alot of people think they are going to be little miracles in a pil form and don't put in the same amount of effort. MyProtein ELLE Thermopure is quite good, I have only just started having them on workout days. It gives you such an energy boost and you workout harder for longer. So if they help me lose weight, its more because I was able to work out longer and receive better results :-)

I wouldn't waste your money though, I got these in a bundle when buying my protein shake :p

You could try green tea tablets! it is difficult to actually drink enough green tea to get good results so the tablet it much easier.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

I just finished a bottle of oxy-elite today. It's a thermogenic fat loss supplement. I lost 17lbs during the course of taking 1 bottle, 90 pills. Granted I worked out everyday and ate clean as hell (see my diary), that stuff works for me. Every summer I do a cut and take a bottle of some thermogenic supplement. In the past I would usualy loose about 10 lbs during the original course. This year with logging everything in MFP, it obv. helped even more. I dropped my previous winter weight pretty fast. Gettin ripped now.

Agree with this. I am taking Oxy-Elite Pro, have been for almost 2 weeks and have lost 7 pounds so far. It keeps me from wanting to snack during the workday. I have also been working out, drinking a ton of water (which you need to do with OEP). Took it last year, same result :). The weight gain was basically moving to a new country and just being lazy...haha.
  • coalboilermanBryan
    Options
    I have found that with diet and excersise changes, lower carbs, no bread or pasta, almost no sugars, and taking Chromium Picolinate has really helped me to loose. Also learned that eating to few calories really does work against you in loosing. I have power walked for about 7 months now every day, and just lately started working out with Jillian Micheals, and also now doing some weight lifting. I have lost a little bit over the last year doing this. :)

Bryan
  • mizzsmith123
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone who has lost weight :) you are all my inspirations lol
  • coalboilermanBryan
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone who has lost weight :) you are all my inspirations lol

Thank you! It has been a challenge!

Bryan
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I use cider vinegar pills, they help with fat content in my diet. And they do work, I have a way of telling but it's embarrassing to say here... I turned to them when I plateaued once, and they broke it. :flowerforyou:
  • goalNOregrets
    goalNOregrets Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Alli is the only FDA aproved weight loss pill avaliable over the counter. It binds the fat you eat in your gut so that you poop it out. If you don't use a very low fat diet it gives you serious GI issues - but it is expensive and you could just follow a low fat diet in the first place with the same results.

Many of the others are mostly a waste, with B-vitamins and caffeen designed to boost your metabolism or to make you feel like you have more energy - but a multivitamin and a cup of coffee accomplish the same thing for a lot less money.

Unfortunatly there is no quick fix, I wish there was, just calories in and calories burned.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I am on a Dr prescribed weight loss aid. I have taken it for 2 months now and lost 17lbs the first month and 11 the second. But, its an aid only....to help with my appetite and cravings and get me motivated to work out. I ate and still do very well ( i think anyway) and i xercise 6days a week so i put alot of effort into it as well. So when i get off it next month i will see how well i do with out it.
  • goalNOregrets
    goalNOregrets Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The above being said, if there is something that seems to be working for you, by all means keep it up if you really think it is working, and congradulations on the progress.
  • kittyconni
    Options
    I think I have tried everything over the counter at one time or another...plus was on Adipex. I lost weight with Metabolife 356 (when it was on the market) but when it was pulled, the weight came back on. Same thing with the Adipex. Lost weight really fast...then gained it back really fast and then some.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    As a good friend of mine once told me, losing weight is NOT easy. If it were, there would be no fat people. Just sayin...
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    The Alli pill was a success for me. I lost two stone but then got pregnant with my second and put it all back on! I didn't help as I ate junk throughout!! Myfitnesspal has helped me lose that weight again :)

Alli made me sick- had to throw them away :(
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    The money used for weight-loss pills would be far better used towards fresh foods... taking a pill doesnt change the behaviors associated with eating and exercise - it just makes big-corporate executives richer... 8-(