What do you use - pounds, kilos or stones.

Options
ferrytrip
ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
I grew up in Ireland and weighed myself in Stones.
They tried to teach my generation the metric system and it didn't quite take for body weight or height.
Now I live in the U.S. and weigh myself in pounds.
What system to you use and why?

Replies

• seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    kilos cause us Aussies use metric....
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Pounds, cuz us canadians are supposed to use metric....but mostly we do that for speeds and distance...officially metric system, unofficially, imperial measure.
  • its_rierie
    its_rierie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Kilos. Australians use the metric system. We don't know what the &*#! a quarter pound is... :smokin:
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    IN the US, so I use pounds.

I did however, learn to use kilos and CC's for my son's medical needs. Oh and ML's. I can measure and almost mutiply it out in my head to figure out what it is in the US system.

ETA: a CC and an ML measurement are the same....doh!! LOL
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Pounds
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Pounds because I live in the US.
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options

^^ This...
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    lbs. because I live in the USofA
  • alzaman5925
    alzaman5925 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Pounds... but pounds and stones are kind of the same aren't they??
  • tas3980
    tas3980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use kg's (as I am Aussie) but familiarised with pounds/stones from being on here and having expat friends :)

@alzaman5925 - there are approx 14 pounds to a stone.

For the Aussie's here, there are approx 7 kgs to a stone and 1 kg is 2.2 pounds :)
  • BillyPinky
    BillyPinky Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I use pounds on here because I have too but I use stones normally . Using pounds feel unnatural to me.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    pounds
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Both pounds and kilos. My scale is in kilos because I live in Israel, but I grew up in the US, so I'm used to thinking in pounds.

I've gotten pretty good at converting weights (even ounces and grams), but I am terrible at height and small variations of temperature.
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Pounds here but stones at home, got a great app that switches the measurements to each its pretty cool
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I use pounds on here because I have too but I use stones normally . Using pounds feel unnatural to me.

Same here!

1stone = 14lbs
    If anyone asks how much I've lost I say a stone and a half - if I said 22lbs they be sooo confused lol xx
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    stones, but convert to pounds for this site
  • Selma10001984
    Selma10001984 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    KG! and the metric system and temperatures in Celcius like a true European, but Im gradually getting more and more used to the pound system :)
  • annielaura64
    Options
    Pounds and Stones :3
    UK
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    I grew up with Kilos, so that is what my heart is working with.. On here I am working with pounds as that is just more rewarding when it comes to seeing the numbers drop - and I love the word "Onederland"! In theorie I know that 14lbs is a stone but that so does not mean anything to me really, so when ppl here in London ask me how much I want to lose, I always have to re-calculate from my beloved Kilos back into pounds and THEN into stones - quite stressful really..

No good with converting anything else really, have no concept of Fahrenheit, gallons or ounzes, a yard still equals a meter to me and as long as I can get away with thinking about a mile being roughly 1,5km I am fine.. :-)

I do mix up left and right though XD
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options

this!