6 months and 60 pounds.

Options
okeedokee5
okeedokee5 Posts: 46 Member
Next Thursday marks my 6 month anniversary of working with Mike, my personal trainer. I really can't believe how far I've come in such a (relatively) short period of time. It's been fascinating to watch my body change and to see all the things I can do now that I never thought were possible. I have new confidence, new energy, new willpower, and new enthusiasm. Hiring a personal trainer may be one of the best decisions I've made in my life. He has challenged me, pushed me to all limits, listened to me, coaxed me, and above all else, believed in me... even when I didn't believe in myself. I started at 227 pounds, and just hit 167 this week. So now, I'm 60 pounds lighter, with about 30-40 more pounds to lose. It wasn't just 60 pounds of fat. It was 60 pounds of excess baggage, hurt, negativity, and stress.

I looked back at some of my old pictures on facebook tonight, and couldn't even believe it was me. How did I let myself get like that? Did I think that was ok? Who is that girl?

This is me in Vegas at the wax museum. It was April 2009. My husband and I had gotten engaged this week.
oprah-1.jpg

This is me in Mexico during our honeymoon, a year later in November of 2010. Looks like I dropped a little weight... probably in preparation for the wedding. I think I weighed around 210 here.
honeymoon-1.jpg

The following two pictures are from my first 5K this past weekend. I'm third one from the left in the last pic.
colorrun-1.jpg

colorrun2-1.jpg

So goodbye 60 pounds. I look forward to saying goodbye to the next 30.

Replies

• Jennerkins
    Options
    This is such an inspiration! I hope I can lose that much in six months! GREAT job girl!!
  • natashiag
    Options
    FAN FREAKIN TASTIC..
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    So what did you do to shed about 10 lbs a week? Tons of cardio? How many hours a week?
  • karina530
    karina530 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • okeedokee5
    okeedokee5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So what did you do to shed about 10 lbs a week? Tons of cardio? How many hours a week?

I'm at the gym every day, anywhere from 45 minutes to two hours at a time. I do a lot of cardio in various forms... whether it be on the elliptical, running, or taking group classes (like spinning). I see my personal trainer twice a week on top of this for half hour sessions. He focuses on a lot of the strength training and toning up.

I honestly think more of my weight loss has come from completely revamping my eating habits. No more fried food, no more big portions, and a LOT LESS drinking alcohol (which is one of the harder parts). My husband and I try to "eat clean" as much as possible. Not a lot of processed foods. I also tend to keep my diet high in protein, as it keeps you full a little longer. My trainer taught me to have small snacks in between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner in order to keep my blood sugar levels stable... that way you avoid that mid-afternoon slump.

It's been a huge commitment and a massive lifestyle change for me. One of my favorite motivational quotes is, "If you deserve commitment from anyone, it's from yourself." That's what I've stuck to, and that's what has made the whole process a little easier.
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    :smile: WOW, YOU GO GIRL! You look AMAZING & I LOVE that quote
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Fantastic effort!!! well done lady...:o)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!