34 Yr Old New Mom looking to lose 50+ lbs

Options
My husband and I have been married for almost 5 years and just became parents to a baby boy at the end of April. While I was overweight before pregnancy...well I really need to lose it now.

I have heard great things about MFP and hoping I can get some motivation through others and help myself by being honest and accountable. When I DO focus on my eating I can do a pretty good job...it's exercise that a loathe.

I just returned to work after 3 months of maternity leave...hoping I can put myself first some for the first time in a while.

Here's to our future success!

Replies

• goalNOregrets
    goalNOregrets Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it!
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    hey there im a newly minted mama as well gaining 62lbs with my angel! now i have 50lbs to go before my ideal weight & 37 for my pp weight
  • Fitter_Mandy
    Fitter_Mandy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So nice to meet you guys!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me !!! You can do it!
  • Destiny20774
    Options
    Welcome and I have lost 9 pounds so far. Just start walking and enjoy :)
  • ileana1977
    ileana1977 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Having MFP is helping me save my life. I've been overweight almost all of my life and I'm now35 and diabetic. Before I started changing my life my sugar level was high and so was my weight. 1 month into using MFP and working out, I had dropped 10 lbs and my sugar level dropped enough to impress my doctor. He told me he was really proud of what I was doing and to keep going.

So if I can do it, you can too. It's really easy to use especially if you have a smart phone and use their app. I truly wish you the very best of luck, and congratulations on your new little angel!

(btw, I've lost 25.6 lbs as of today, and I started using MFP May 21st)
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    I've been here a month now. 11lbs down. And have started exercising in earnest.
    I'm 33 with 3 kids, youngest is now 6, and while I lost a lot of weight I put it all back on again and then some! So now my lifestyle change needs to be all embracing, food and exercise!
    All the best! I love this site!
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    you can so do it :)
    this site is amazing. it has really helped me so far. only lost 3lbs since i've been on here so changing up my routine in the hope that it works!
    good luck! :)
  • stockholmhasago
    Options
    Welcome <3 And congrats on your little baby.

MFP is great; you have people who actually know what they're talking about, and who are generally willing to help.

Just remember though, if you hate exercise, losing weight is mainly about your diet. If you're not a fan of it, just make yourself a healthy eater and watch your calories and you'll still lose weight :)

Good luck!!
  • emkohler77
    emkohler77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey there! You are not alone... Please friend me- I have a bunch of friends who are also newish moms and it's been really great to have the support. We "met" each other through Fitbit, there's a group there called Fitbit moms.

You might consider getting a Fitbit actually, it gives really great motivation to be overall more active. You can work up to more exercise later, there's no rush. I think the calorie restrictions are more important to get down first anyway, because all the workouts in the world won't help you if you eat like crazy.

Anyway, I'm 35 and my son is 9 months old. I am really amazed by how awesome MFP and Fitbit have been for me and my progress.
  • Fitter_Mandy
    Fitter_Mandy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to add some of you, but it's telling me I can't add more than 25 people a day? Boooo. So I guess unless you try to friend me, I have to wait til the end of the day to try to add you guys. Thanks to all that have sent requests so far. This is awesome and I can't wait to be motivated and inspired by all of you. And maybe I'll be able to return the favor once I start losing :) You guys rock!
  • debbiehibbert
    Options
    congrats on your baby boy. You can loose the 50 pounds.I am trying to loose 30 before my wedding next April. I just started on Monday and it going goo thus far. Let motivate each other
  • debbiehibbert
    Options
    Congrats that is good. I just join on Monday. I am hoping to make this a life style change