Back again, hope to stick with it this time

Options
Hi! I used this site about a year and a half ago for a few months and I loved it. I somehow got away from my diet and exercise and ended up gaining more weight. Thankfully, I got an email from the website today which reminded me of this great place! I am back on again, when I looked at my old goals and weight, I cringed. Last year I was 14 pounds lighter than I am now, that really sucks! But, the good news is that I already lost about 8 pounds during the holidays and now I am determined to keep it up. I just threw a pan of brownies in the trash, it feels good to eat healthy foods and I am beginning to crave fresh fruits instead of candy. Its great to be back on this site for support and ideas. I hope and pray we will all meet our own goals for fitness and health. God Bless!

Replies

• smagnan
    smagnan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I was doing so well up to the end June and then I slowly gained it all back plus some... I am starting anew again today and I just wanted you to know you are not alone!!
  • erussell
    Options
    Thanks for your support, it really helps :)
  • angelface12004
    Options
    Good luck!! I just started Yesterday, finding it ok right now, still would love to go in the freezer and eat everything lol, but i got my water and am going to stick with it. Congrats on your weight lose :)
  • lucy1703
    Options
    it's good to know that there are others out there who are in the same situation. it's great to have others for moral support.
    let stick together and achieve our goals.
  • ncherokee9
    ncherokee9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is my first time on fitness pal, and it is so inspiring to me to hear so many people fighting the same challenge that I'm up against... Long gone are the days where I listen to people who tell me I look fine and go ahead and eat we only live once... In the back of my mind I know I'm over weight and my body doesn't like it because I don't feel well physically or mentally.. This is my greatest attempt to finally be around people who understand and are going down the same path...

I'm with you too on this journey.... and thank you for sharing... Happy New Year!!!!
  • erussell
    Options
    ncherokee-
    I agree, our bodies tell us more than the mirror or our friends! I know my joints hurt more when I am heavy and I have less energy. Best wishes to you in your journey!