INSANITY STARTING JULY 30/. 60 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hola! I'm on day 10 of the P90X/Insanity Hybrid. I'm hoping to shed the last 10 lbs (about 5-6 inches) on this program. It literally took a BeachBody village to get me here! I've done P90X, Insanity, TurboJam, and TurboFire!

Before_After_03312012.jpg
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Today is my Day 9! I do feel stronger with each workout though I stil have lots of improvement to go. In Pure Cardio yesterday could not do the level 1drills toward the end, or those moving pushups. I picked up some weights and did weights through that and did 2 full pushups then converted to girlie pushups. Still moving and still working. I'm really trying to be good on my eating and eat cleaner. I am loaded with my boiled eggs, tuna, apples and natural peanut butter, and whey protien powder today. Today is Plyo Cardio Circuit and this is one of my favorite ones.

I don't really feel any loss yet though I do think I feel tighter - if that makes sense. I really need to lose around the middle and I will be able to tell by my clothes. Can not wait until those buttons don't feel so tight. I do have beginning measurements and my first fit test results and will do new ones and post the two together so we can see results at the end of this challenge. Keep pushing play!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    anyone think of starting a small group for this? It's soooo hard to find threads and they start to get so long. Just a thought! I'm in!!!! I did my fit test last week and day 1 but then the weekend got all screwed up and kicked me off course already! Was really bummed! SOOO.....I'm starting back with Day 1 tonight and hoping you guys help keep me accountable for my workouts! I do a bootcamp class 4-6x a week but I don't want to use that as an excuse not to do it! The hubs and I have a trip to Jamaica coming up and I wanna be able to strut my stuff!!!!

My fit test results from last week: completed Insanity Fit test.....tough!
    switch kicks: 72? (forgot to start counting)
    power jacks: 47
    power knees: 100
    power jumps: 27
    globe jumps: 10
    suicide jumps: 13
    pushup jacks: 15
    low plank obliques: 47-48 (DVD messed up throughout and froze last 5 secs)
    looking forward to seeing what happens in 30 days!
  • ikkledevil
    ikkledevil Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Insanity started 2/8 .... very difficult took a lot of effort to keep going through the pain !!

Switch kicks 80
    Power jacks 32
    Power knees 64
    Power jumps 24
    Globe jumps 5
    Suicide jump 10
    Push up jacks 18
    Low plank oblique 42

starting weight 77,2kg
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It's day 3 (my last try this was the point that I quit) and I'm sticking with it! I'm not a quitter and with everybody support I know I can dig deeper and finish this! Good luck ladies and stick with it!!!
  • lusciousladie07
    lusciousladie07 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started on July 30 before I even knew about this challenge so I am definitely in. Today is Day 3/4 for me ( I didn't get a chance to do day 3 last night so I will do yesterday's in about 10 mins and today's workout tonight.) I don't have my fit test results because I couldn't even finish them.. So I guess I see how well I do by how far I get in the next fit test.

Stats.
    SW:223.8
    CW:222.4
    GW for Challenge:190-195

Measurements:
    Arms: L-14.25 R- 14.5
    Bust:42.5
    Waist:36.75
    Belly Button (pooch area): 43
    Hips: 48.5
    Thighs: L- 30 R- 30

My biggest obstacle will be west indian food! I love home cooked west indian food (desserts and all) and that is major obstacle for me. Also not having healthy snacks on hand which leads me to getting anything to eat. To fight this, I already started saving low fat/cal versions of my favorite foods and purchase and portioned out low fat/cal snacks to keep me satisfied until my next meal.

Good luck everyone!
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It's day 3 (my last try this was the point that I quit) and I'm sticking with it! I'm not a quitter and with everybody support I know I can dig deeper and finish this! Good luck ladies and stick with it!!!

You are going strong T3...Angel...I am proud of you... and that is right, you are not a quitter...

I couldn't workout today...was about to quit, not because of the workout but because life happens, but I am resuming tomorrow...I am not giving up! I am not a quitter either... we got to keep digging deeper and deeper!!!!
  • KettydeDios
    Options
    I started on July 30 before I even knew about this challenge so I am definitely in. Today is Day 3/4 for me ( I didn't get a chance to do day 3 last night so I will do yesterday's in about 10 mins and today's workout tonight.) I don't have my fit test results because I couldn't even finish them.. So I guess I see how well I do by how far I get in the next fit test.

Stats.
    SW:223.8
    CW:222.4
    GW for Challenge:190-195

Measurements:
    Arms: L-14.25 R- 14.5
    Bust:42.5
    Waist:36.75
    Belly Button (pooch area): 43
    Hips: 48.5
    Thighs: L- 30 R- 30

My biggest obstacle will be west indian food! I love home cooked west indian food (desserts and all) and that is major obstacle for me. Also not having healthy snacks on hand which leads me to getting anything to eat. To fight this, I already started saving low fat/cal versions of my favorite foods and purchase and portioned out low fat/cal snacks to keep me satisfied until my next meal.

Good luck everyone!

Welcome to the group Luscious, come back and tell us how you did
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Ok DAY 3 HERE WE COME!!!!!!!

I was so unmotivated today but made myself do it. DAY 3 DONE!
  • KettydeDios
    Options
    hmmm, now that you mentioned it Luscious... I used to believe that my biggest obstacle was ME, but not anymore, I realized that my biggest obstacle is my environment... people draining my energy...now that I got that, I have been able to be stronger than what seems to be bringing me down.

What about the rest of the group, what has been your biggest obstacle????
  • KettydeDios
    Options
    Ok DAY 3 HERE WE COME!!!!!!!

I was so unmotivated today but made myself do it. DAY 3 DONE!

YOU DID IT!!!!! You pushed through Birdiez!!!!! Congratulations!!! Well, as for me goes, I was not able to do it although I was highly motivated...I was not home for most of the day...I got home 20 minutes ago...but will workout double tomorrowwwwwww
    But I am really happy to hear that you did it!!!
  • KettydeDios
    Options
    Hi guys! I just popped in to say 'keep pushing play' (I'm nosy and love Insanity, so I open all Insanity-related threads!) I am on day 60 tomorrow - so close to finishing my first round. Yep, I am already planning a round 2! As others have said, modify what you have to, take breaks as you need them and get back into it. It will not get easier, but you will get better.

My 2 cents - if you haven't already, take measurements and pictures! Even if you've already started, do it now. My profile pic is a difference of 4 lbs. I would have been destroyed (and probably quit) if not for my measurements and pics. As of those comparison pics I'd lost 17.5 inches overall. Some people will drop a lot of lbs over the 60 days, but some will not. The scale can be evil during Insanity.

Dig deeper!

Congratulations on completing 60 DAYS of INSANITY!!!! and thank you so much for your 2cents...Any tip, advice are well taken...
  • KettydeDios
    Options
    Hola! I'm on day 10 of the P90X/Insanity Hybrid. I'm hoping to shed the last 10 lbs (about 5-6 inches) on this program. It literally took a BeachBody village to get me here! I've done P90X, Insanity, TurboJam, and TurboFire!

Before_After_03312012.jpg

HOLA Nikkishai, wow you look amazing!!!! Your transformation is admirable!!!!!!! HOw long did it take you to get there????? WOW!!!!! I am more inspire and motivated after seeing your pic...thank you for sharing and welcome to the group!!!!
  • RedDiva24
    Options
    Im in!! I started the program On July 30th as well and most def needs some motivation!! I have a 5 month old and is having a hard time losing my pregnancy weight. Tonight is Pure Cardio for me...ouch!!!

I am also new to MFP so I have no idea how to include Insanity to my diary.
  • KettydeDios
    Options
    Im in!! I started the program On July 30th as well and most def needs some motivation!! I have a 5 month old and is having a hard time losing my pregnancy weight. Tonight is Pure Cardio for me...ouch!!!

I am also new to MFP so I have no idea how to include Insanity to my diary.

Welcome to the group REDDIVA!!!
  • KettydeDios
    Options
    anyone think of starting a small group for this? It's soooo hard to find threads and they start to get so long. Just a thought! I'm in!!!! I did my fit test last week and day 1 but then the weekend got all screwed up and kicked me off course already! Was really bummed! SOOO.....I'm starting back with Day 1 tonight and hoping you guys help keep me accountable for my workouts! I do a bootcamp class 4-6x a week but I don't want to use that as an excuse not to do it! The hubs and I have a trip to Jamaica coming up and I wanna be able to strut my stuff!!!!

My fit test results from last week: completed Insanity Fit test.....tough!
    switch kicks: 72? (forgot to start counting)
    power jacks: 47
    power knees: 100
    power jumps: 27
    globe jumps: 10
    suicide jumps: 13
    pushup jacks: 15
    low plank obliques: 47-48 (DVD messed up throughout and froze last 5 secs)
    looking forward to seeing what happens in 30 days!

Welcome to the group MOMMA, yes, I agree with you...I do not want all of us to get lost in here... I am trying to keep track of everyone and welcome new ones... However, it would be a good idea if we create a group with the same members and lay out each day to be instead of being all over the place..however in the process I do not want to lose anyone...what does everyone think?????
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My daughter has been doing insanity with me lol she's 4 and it's so cute cuz she is actually trying and sweating along with me!

7706071942_bc5de1a1c1.jpg
    C360_2012-08-02-12-14-08 by T34418L3angel,
  • KettydeDios
    Options
    lol, she is so cute T3441813Angel.
  • KettydeDios
    Options
    I know is the weekend, but I will like to know how is everyone doing???????????
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I took my rest day on Fri because it's my longest work day. It was hard getting up at 6am this morning and doing Pure Cardio but so glad I pushed through it. Went to work today bouncing off the walls! LOL