Herbalife-- Any one ever try this?!

Options
Bumdrahp
Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
My friend at work LOVES it and swears by it. I feel like drinking two shakes a day, one 100 cal snack, and 1 meal seems super low cal, and of course you would drop weight doing that....

But then again, you could always do one shake a day, two meals... or use the shakes as a snack.

Any opinions? Anyone ever try it?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Unless you're willing to eat like that the rest of your life, then it's a temporary fix. That's why lots of people who do it end up going back to it when they regain the weight back. Great way for the company to make money.
    Learn YOUR lifestyle of eating you can do to lose/maintain weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My dad sells Herbalife. He uses/used it and lost quite a bit of weight. I don't know if he still uses herbalife like he was but he has managed to keep the weight off. I do know he also watches what he eats now, he doesn't eat as many sweets or as much junk food, he tries to stick with lean meats.

I've sampled some of the stuff and really can't stand the taste or texture of any of it. I'd rather watch what I eat and exercise than actually have to force that stuff into my mouth.
  • evademers
    Options
    I love my herbalife shakes!! I am allergic to wheat and gluten dairy and soy so I dont have much of a choice for calories or protein. For people like me I will be drinking it the rest of my life but I love how they taste I use almond milk :) It works great for me nothing wrong with giving it a try if you want but since you may have a regular diet I would be eating a variety of healthy foods and getting all my needs from them, but theres nothing wrong with a protein shake now and then!! I have felt awesome ever since I have been drinking them and working out. Hope this helps :)
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Unless you're willing to eat like that the rest of your life, then it's a temporary fix. That's why lots of people who do it end up going back to it when they regain the weight back. Great way for the company to make money.

IDEA Fitness member

^^Yes this.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've used Herbalife. I was much fitter then and lost about five pounds in a month. The nausea i experienced from the shakes was too much, so I stopped using them. And gained weight.

Keep in mind that your friend is probably trying to sell you product, as Herbalife is a network marketing company.

I agree with ninerbuff...these types of "weight loss solutions" are expensive, temporary, and sooo not worth it. Find an eating plan that works for you, that allows for some of you favorite foods, and you'll lose weight.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    my mom did for a while. she hated the taste, shed a few pounds and decided it was not worth it to her, for the cost.
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I used it back in 2001. I was able to lose around 20 lbs. That was right around the time all the Ephedra problems became big news. They changed their formulations after that. I did try it again somewhere around 2003 and got nothing out of it. The formula change IMO made it no different than shakes you can buy at the grocery store for a much lower price.

If it is the plan that you want, there is enough information on this site to help you make one of your own. Herbalife was something like $114 a month back in 2001 for their program. You can get the same quantity of similar products for much cheaper on your own.
  • bbbsmama
    bbbsmama Posts: 96
    Options
    I cannot drink my meals or shakes. I am a texture freak lol. I don't even really like chocolate shakes from Wendy's!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    Yep he's right.. I tried it from an ex co-worker who sold me shakes & other stuff. I lost weight but ended up having nausea & then regained all the weight back in just a few weeks.

Patience is a virtue especially when it comes to weight loss.
  • RandleBoyz3
    RandleBoyz3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife now; the shakes, tea, aloe, and cell activator. They are ENHANCERS to what I'm already doing. When you soley rely on a product for weight loss, you will fail every time. Taking the Herbalife products in conjuction with eating 1900-2000 calories and exercising I've lost fat and maintained my muscle mass.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
  • mrodriguez81
    mrodriguez81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm a consultant, but I don't go around selling it. I will sell product only if they ask me for it. When I started, I did was on top of it, doing it diligently but then I got tired and stoped using it little by little and then I started to gain weight. Now I only use the shakes for my breakfast and the vitamins. It does work if you use it consistently, but it's expensive and you have to continue using the product for ever. Once you stop using it you will start gaining weight. Don't get me wrong it's a good product and it works only if you 1: stick with it, 2: willing to pay the price, 3: willing to use it forever.