Is This Right or Wrong???

Options
Okay I had chocolate today. Is it true that I can eat that as long as I do not go over my caloric points or am I suppose to forgo it altogether?

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Well if you wana get really basic it's calories in VS calories out so technically.......yes it it fits in under your requirements. Is it a good thing to eat it all the time because it does fit?? Probably not. A little treat every now and then is okay is what I say.

Although some people have no self control over stuff like that and that's why they are here.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    its ok ONCE IN A WHILE , just as a treat, but you wont be able to keep it up , eating your calories up in sweets and such, cause there is very little nutritional value in them and your body will feel like crap, not to mention be hungry. You need filling foods, and lots of them. You will figure out what is worth eating real quick when you are hungry and you dont have any calories left cause you ate chocolate, :happy:
    so basically , enjoy it is a treat if that is your thing, but dont do it on a daily basis.

Tami
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    What Tamishumate said. Once in a while, it's a great little treat! Especially if it fits comfortably into the rest of your calorie allowance. Furthermore, if you can in the future, get dark chocolate. It's healthier & has antioxidants and all that good stuff.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I loathe dark chocolate. I wish milk chocolate was just as good for you!
  • usreek
    usreek Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Close your eyes and enjoy milk chocolate once in a while
    21891.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I used to hate dark chocolate as well but made the switch about 1.5yrs ago and now i LOVVVEEE dark chocolate and milk doesn't taste nearly as good/sweet
    But back to the question
    I lost over 20 pounds here and ate chocolate everyday...so it can be done as long as u eat it in moderation (which I am not suggesting having chocolate daily...LOL)
    Don't feel because you think u had one little 'slip up' the entire day if shot

Good luck, kim
  • smileydays
    smileydays Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Most people would say that chocolate is the devil... but I have to say different. Chocolate is a tasty treat for yourself and I use it to reward myself. I eat it when I have accomplished something, such as working out 6 days in one week or keeping to my calories all week long. It really helps me feel like I want to work harder to get that little snickers at the end of the week. :)
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I'm an almost daily enjoyer of dark chocolate hershey kisses. I allow myself 6 a day, I might spread them out, I might eat them all at once and many days I don't eat any. I've been doing this for at least 3 years, I keep a bowl of them on my kitchen table. My friends thought I was crazy at first, "I'd eat them all" they'd say. It's helped me to learn moderation and to know that no food is totally off limits. Knowing I can have them helps me to keep the cravings away.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day. i would say that it actually HELPS me with eating healthier. If I cut myself off from eating chocolate, i would have quit this program a long time ago. dark chocolate is awesome. :love:
  • Being_Healthy
    Being_Healthy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do have a treat everyday...usually not chocolate but something just as fattening. I think that I would probably lose faster if I was able to cut this out, but I also know (without a doubt) that I would end up quitting my weight loss efforts.

I've managed to lose 23 pounds (so far) this way and I don't feel at all deprived (since I'm not depriving myself....I'm just working extra hard at the gym so I can indulge:wink: ).
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    It's amazing how small an actual serving of dark chocolate is :sad: .
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate is amazing! I love it!