Treadmill Recommendations?

Options
I am thinking about purchasing a treadmill for my home. Can anyone give me any recommendations?

Thanks!

Replies

• Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I have a Sole folding treadmill - F83 or F85 (can't remember which model, but they're very similar). http://www.soletreadmills.com/Folding-Treadmills

I love it and think it is a quality machine. Very sturdy, lifetime warranty on the motor. It is a total beast to move though. I think it weighs something like 250 pounds, but that's probably why it's so sturdy. Theoretically, you can wheel it around, but it is hard to move because it is so heavy, so you'd have to just plant it somewhere for good and folding it up gets you back a tiny bit of space. I've had this treadmill for about 6 years now, so the newer models look a little different but seem to have most of the same features.

I'm not the kind of person who would ever stick with going to a gym, but I have really gotten my use out of this machine. I had a really awful manual one before this with a belt that was way too short. I think it was money well spent on the Sole treadmill, which is like having a gym quality machine.
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    Thank you, I will look into it.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Sole - all the way! I think mine is the F63. Love it. My sister and her hubby have one too. Best home use , reasonably priced mill on the market. Motor is equivalent to what is used in commercial models....
  • FrozenGod
    Options
    Treadmills are great, but for your home an elliptical (at least in my opinion) is so much better. They're not super heavy so you can move most of them around, like in front of your tv, and they are silent compared to the hard pounding of feet against a treadmill. Not to mention they are better on your joints, you can get some really nice ones from walmart online for about 400-500$
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I also have the Sole F63 and love it. Had some problems with it right out of the box though. It needed a new motor but the company was really easy to work with and now it works like a champ. :)
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Treadmills are great, but for your home an elliptical (at least in my opinion) is so much better. They're not super heavy so you can move most of them around, like in front of your tv, and they are silent compared to the hard pounding of feet against a treadmill. Not to mention they are better on your joints, you can get some really nice ones from walmart online for about 400-500$

No offense, but no fitness equipment sold at Wal-Mart will last for the long haul. My F63 folds up and has wheels. I can move it rather easily. I watch streaming video on my iPad while I run, and have never had issues hearing anything, since the mill has built-in speakers.
  • FrozenGod
    Options
    Had mine for 4 years, so far everything is perfect. All the parts are metal, no plastic cheap pieces except for the monitor on the front that adjusts resistance and what not. Payed 569 for mine. You get what you pay for, so yeah if you bought cheap it wont last.