Treadmill workouts, need advice!

Options
Question, is the "weightloss" workout on treadmills a good workout? I am trying to some kind of interval workout without having to change it back and forth my self.
Any suggestions?

Do you know if you can make up your own workout on the treadmill?
Any help is awesome!

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Quite honestly... just keep moving. So long as you are burning some calories, you're good.
  • CRYSTALLD08
    Options
    I try to do at least 30 minutes of cardio a day so that I can have more calories during the day. I do know that any cardio is the trick to weight loss.
  • leslie0422
    leslie0422 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I did the C25K on the treadmill and really liked it. It's starts you off gradually and builds you up. I also count calories and the combination of calorie counting and C25K I was able to loose weight.
  • xkillaxkittyx
    xkillaxkittyx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what kind of treadmill you have. Do you have the option to use iFit on your treadmill? I do and I LOVE it. I bought a Jillian Michael's workout card and she programmed my treadmill for me with her customized workouts. It kills me ever time. A good work out is to make sure you include incline (incline is key) and then you can adjust your speeds from 3 to 6 mph unless you’re crazy good and want to go higher. The highest I go on my incline is 10 and then I do around 4 mph... It’s a killer! Then you can lower your incline to around 5 or 6 and then I do around 5.5 mph... but you have to play around with it. Go up and down on incline every couple of minutes and adjust the speed every couple of minutes. Up and down up and down... it's a hassle if you have to program it yourself but it works!
  • Shamrock_me
    Options
    No advice - I do not like the preset 'programs' on Treadmill -or- Elliptical especially the weight loss ones.
    I build up to more resistance a little at a time - for longer periods of time.
    I switch it up & down manually and I don't like doing it but I get more calorie burn that way and I increase my stamina.

I don't know what your goals are but plugging away on the presets is just so boring to me - I usually go 2 minutes on a low setting then bump up resistance or incline for 2 minutes, then speed increase for 2 minutes & back & forth until I can't go higher and I do that for as long as I can then start bumping it down by minutes until I find something fast enough to keep me at the high end of my comfort area or about 9 minutes then hit the cool down button.

It all depends on what you want to get out of it
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I don't have a personal treadmill so I use the base gym ones. I usually do I straght 5k at 3.5-3.7 and slower on the 4th mile. But I want to get my heart rate up, then down. You know? I will have to play around with it tonight and see what I can do. Thanks! :)
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Try just a high incline @ like 10-12 going 3-4mph. That'll kick your butt!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I like to just run really fast and hard for a minute or two then jog for a few minutes to catch my breath but still keep my heart rate up, then sprint again.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Try just a high incline @ like 10-12 going 3-4mph. That'll kick your butt!

Thanks Capn ;)
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    I like to just run really fast and hard for a minute or two then jog for a few minutes to catch my breath but still keep my heart rate up, then sprint again.

i did sprints around the track monday and it kicked my legs butt! They still hurt! haha