This darn tummy!

Options
I have been tracking my weight loss for a full month now and have slowly changed my eating habits so it's been a complete lifestyle change process. I am down 15 pounds now and have lost several inches off of my body. But the most frustrating area for me has been my stomach, I had a C- section 5 and a half months ago and this darn thing just keeps sticking out as a reminder that I am still a "FAT GIRL". My legs can fit back in to my old jeans but I still cannot buton them without having a muffin top . Though the top has shrunk it is still disheartening.
-I go running/power walk for 45 mins every other day
- I use my row machine the running off days for 25-45 mins
- I do 60-90 crunches each day
- Do 3 mins of ab stretchs
-Do 5-10 mins of Yoga ab focused postions

Does anyone have suggestions on what else I should do to help shrink my tummy faster so I look even instead of shrinking faster everywhere else and still have a belly?

Replies

• Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!! congrats on the weight loss so far!! thats amazing :) I know it's probably harder to lose it the weight in that area. You just have to keep plugging away at it and it will slowly go away. Nutrition is the most important-you cant out exercise a bad diet!! But you can do it!! If you are looking for some extra support, I have a ladies only support group on fb if you'd like to join :) just send me a message. We would love to have you!!
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen--not the gym. Doing ab focused exercises will make your abs stronger, but you need to lose the fat on top of the abs in order for your stomach to go down.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Time is your best friend. I've had 2 c sections, myself. Remember that when you have one, the doctors have to sew up 7 layers of tissue and muscle. All that has to have time to heal. Then, the muscles need more time to regain strength/elasticity. Give yourself more time.
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have set a calorie restriction for myself at 1750 and have been watching what I eat
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen--not the gym. Doing ab focused exercises will make your abs stronger, but you need to lose the fat on top of the abs in order for your stomach to go down.

What she said.^^^
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Be patient. You can't choose where you lose, unfortunately. I'm down to less than 15 pounds to lose and just now am I seeing significant improvement there. Mom of two c-section babies here :smile:
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have found that sugar is my enemy when it comes to losing my pregnancy pouch. As soon as I cut my sugar down, I began to see results.
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    weight lift...it probably doesnt make sense but you should incorporate weight bearing activities into your regimine.Every pound of muscle you put on burns 5lbs of fat! not to mention youll be torching calories even when you rest :)
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It took 9 months to push your stomach out (baby) and you shouldn't expect it to take any less getting it back in shape especially with a C-section. I have had 4 C-sections and each time there were more issues. My suggestion give your self time to heal properly and take it slow. C-sections will always leave you with a bit of a funny belly but I have seen some really nice pictures on here of women who got fairly flat. I am still a work in progress.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Keep losing weight, be patient, and it will go away. No magic involved. Exercise and diet.
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks ellie319 :)

The fact is it's both in the Gym and in the kitchen
  • icerafta
    icerafta Posts: 38
    Options
    GEEZ! Can I relate! I have been doing water aerobics for months. My legs are getting tighter, my arms are amazing and some fat is coming off of my back. This massive gut is driving me crazy! It gets in my way during Aquafit class and some of my weight trainiing equipment. It has been suggested I up my program with an intensive weight training routine twice a week. I started today. Tuesday, upper body. Thursday, lower body and core. I do my pool stuff mon wed and fri. I am giving my body a stellar wakeup call and this belly has GOT to go. (-:
  • jpbkb
    jpbkb Posts: 3
    Options
    i am a momma of two little kiddoes ages 6 and 3 and just recently it has become easier to see some results in my belly! i had 2 c-sections and i know it will be a hard journey ! but im right there with yall!! just keep working at it and it WILL come off :)
  • icerafta
    icerafta Posts: 38
    Options
    I am curious. How could a c-section effect the ability to lose belly fat? I had one 27 years ago.
  • Reneefit135
    Options
    I have the belly problem to. More and more as i read, learn and practice a fit lifestyle i am learning that there is nothing you can do except to lower your body fat percentage. I have seen examples of really small people with muffin tops and it wasn't until that worked out and ate at a deficit that the muffin top went away. So even though you are doing a great job with your workout schedule you still need to get rid of more fat for the tummy to go away. What i am doing seems to be working and i got the advice mostly from this site...lift heavy weights along with cardio and eating at a deficit and my tummy seems to be shrinking.
  • sempertracy
    sempertracy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm very short waisted and the babies had no where to grow but out either in front or to the side on me. I fight the same problem after 2C's. So for some of us women who have more elastic skin and/or gained an excessive amount of weight, the issue could be excessive skin or skin that was stretched during pregnancy. Diet and exercise sure can help but, loose skin may still be a problem.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    just keep at it, one month is really not that long, took a lot longer than that to build the weight up, just be patient, sounds like u are doing well
  • mamabearcushing
    mamabearcushing Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Eating less fat, and adding intensity to some of your workouts helps burn tummy fat. Instead of running for 20 mins, jog for 3, sprint faster for 2, back to normal pace jogging for 5, then sprint faster for 2 mins...

There are also foods that help burn fat.

Almonds, berries, eggs, lean meats, fatty fish, grape fruit, green tea, green veggies, and beans.
  • emily_fox
    emily_fox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Also, if you want kind of a "quick fix", make sure you watch your salt intake. I know when I eat a lot of salt, I am so bloated the next day! I gain ALL my weight in my stomach, so that is the area I am most self-conscious about, so I understand.

Low salt and ab exercises (because the stronger your abs are, the more you can suck your tummy in hehe) but these are just temporary tricks. Obviously you need to eat right, that's the most important thing to get rid of belly fat.