Fitness & Attitude

Options
My name is Peter and I am 52. I exercise 3-4 times a week and have used a trainer for the past year. I am positive that because I have chosen a healthy lifestyle that includes a good diet and exercise, I am in the best shape of my life.

However, I am always very amazed to see just how many people who are over 50, are in terrible shape and look like they are much older than they are. Clearly, fitness over 50 is not something they place alot of importance in. Why is that?

I recently came across a video that I thought was something everyone over 50 should watch. The lady has a terrific attitude and I am sure because of her attitude is in great shape and leads a very good life. Her name is Marie, she lives in the south and her choice of exercising is roller blading.

Here is the link. Just copy and paste the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUtnDU5QprE

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Thanks Peter! I too am in the"50's" age group (will be 51 on 3/31) and am a FIRM believer in fitness and how it keeps the old age saying at bay. I try to work out with cardio at least 6 days per week and full body weight lifting three days per week! I finished 09 with 305 days of fitness! I set goals for myself to keep things challenging and my next 90 days will be P90X ! Looking to get more in shape!!! I wish you MANY more Healthy and Fit days to come!!!
  • Nikki_Z
    Nikki_Z Posts: 28
    Options
    During my last two years of undergrad I worked in a lab that was doing a study on balance, self confidence and body image in adults over 60. Part of the study consisted of a 12-week strength program. We allowed participants to stay on after the program finished and use the facility as a gym. A lot of the participants chose to do so because we provided an atmosphere where they could socialize with others their age and get fit doing so!

I am very grateful to have been able to touch all of their lives and help them to fit physical activity into their lives.