Hello!

Options
I've been counting calories for almost 3 weeks now and I've almost lost 10lbs! (I was 175ish when I started and the scale said 165.6 this morning). I know it's not a lot but I'm just so happy that I have been sticking to this diet. All the other times I tried to diet I just screwed it up and binged on junk after only a few days.

My BMI for my height is 25.2 right now! It was at 26.6 when I started. People say those BMI calculators are wonky but hey, I just want to be fit.

Anyway, I feel like I'm rambling. I just want to say that I'm 10lbs down and I'm LOVING this site and the app and I'm just so grateful that it's free because I couldn't do this on my own. <3

Replies

• freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Anyway, I feel like I'm rambling. I just want to say that I'm 10lbs down and I'm LOVING this site and the app and I'm just so grateful that it's free because I couldn't do this on my own. <3

You are not the only one. Hands down MFP has helped me lose my 100+ lbs. Im sure I would have lost weight without it, but Im glad I didnt have to find out. Congrats on the 10 lbs and good luck!

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • PrincessRuto
    Options
    You are not the only one. Hands down MFP has helped me lose my 100+ lbs. Im sure I would have lost weight without it, but Im glad I didnt have to find out. Congrats on the 10 lbs and good luck!

Wow CONGRATS on the 100lbs! That's amazing!!
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I dont look at this as a diet anymore, its a lifestyle. My sister put it best, "We will prob be counting calories the rest of our lives." If thats what I have to do to keep the weight off, oh well. Im sure Ive wasted more time doing a lot less. :)

Yeah the BMI thing, it is what it is. Plus, I was very pleased when I left the Obese catagory.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • PrincessRuto
    Options
    Oh good viewpoint! I mean I've already told myself that once I reach my goal weight that I will continue to count calories to STAY at that weight vs. just going back to eating whatever I want. So this really will be a lifestyle and not just a diet eventually. I will never stop counting calories. I was pretty thin in high school and I don't remember ever worrying about my weight. But now I seem to obsess over it but before i wasn't doing anything about it! Now with the app on my phone I can watch my calories and I'm so relieved that it's working!

But seriously so much congratulations to you for losing that much! When I hear stories like yours it's so encouraging and I just feel so happy that those people have come so far. :)