Shirataki Noodle Recipes? Help.....

Options
momof2TONI
momof2TONI Posts: 116
I bought some Tofu Shirataki Noodles this morning because I've heard how good they are and they're low-calorie. I bought a bag of Angel Hair Pasta and also a bag of Spaghetti. Does anyone have any recipes to share using these? Most of the recipes I find are 'spicy' and my mouth and tummy can't handle much spicy. Any tips and recipes would be deeply appreciated.

Replies

• awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love Shirataki noodles!

So far I have made chicken and broccoli alfredo and i ALSO MAKE THEM FOR MY SON INSTEAD OF GIVING HIM RAMEN NOODLES.

Chicken and broccoli alfredo

1 pack of noodles (rinsed and drained)
    1 wedge of light laughing cow swiss cheese
    1 tbs of sour cream
    Parmasean cheese to taste
    1/2 grilled chicken breast
    2 cups of steamed broccoli (I love broccoli)

Rinse your noodles then dry fry them until all of the water is evaporated out of the pan, then add the other ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste it is wonderful

Ramen noodle recipe

one pack of noodles
    low sodium chicken bollion

rinse and dry fry the noodles then add water and the chicken bollion

I use them whenever I am making something that calls for noodles spaghetti, mac and cheese, pasta salad. The noodle takes on whatever taste you throw with it so your options are endless
  • MonolithTMA
    MonolithTMA Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't use a recipe, i just use a jar of spaghetti sauce, add some meat, mushrooms, etc, and pour it over the noodles. The way I prepare the noodles is by rinsing them in a colander, which can be trickier with the angel hair since it is so fine, microwave them for a minute or two, then rinse and serve.
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give them one more try with the sour cream recipe since I have a bag in the fridge still. I am having a hard time liking them. :)
  • midcenturymodern69
    Options
    Go to the Hungry Girl website. She has a bunch of fabulous ones and also has a chop chop stir fry that would be wonderful with those added to it.
  • midcenturymodern69
    Options
    Jms3533, Check out Hungry Girl's website and her recipes for the tofu shiritaki noodles. She says to rinse them twice and pat them dry. I think that helps to get rid of that strange tofu smell they have. I find making them with Asian sauces is delicious.
  • SCSleeve2012
    SCSleeve2012 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump