What do I need?

Options
Hubby told me that I can get some workout stuff this weekend. He said anything (clothes/weights/shoes/etc) So, what would you buy? I have one pair of shoes that I love (Brooks) but I am thinking about getting another pair..I might get some barbells & a kettle bell? I workout at the gym usually. i think I need a food scale (any recommendations?)

Replies

• Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    YAY!! i love that :) i would definitely get a pair of shoes that are made to support you in whatever workout you decide to do. Kettlebells are an amazing workout. I have headbands, a heart rate monitor, running shoes, weights, jump rope, resistance bands, and other stuff. Looks like you are doing really well, but if you are interested, I have a ladies only support group on fb. Just send me a message if you are interested :)
  • bbbsmama
    bbbsmama Posts: 96
    Options
    YAY!! i love that :) i would definitely get a pair of shoes that are made to support you in whatever workout you decide to do. Kettlebells are an amazing workout. I have headbands, a heart rate monitor, running shoes, weights, jump rope, resistance bands, and other stuff. Looks like you are doing really well, but if you are interested, I have a ladies only support group on fb. Just send me a message if you are interested :)
    HEADBANDS! Genious! I need some so bad!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    A food scale of some sort is a must have. Really just any digital scale that shows ounces and grams.

Having a few dumbbells, kettle-bells, and resistance bands at home isn't a bad idea depending on how difficult it is for you to break away and get to the gym. Good supportive shoes and some fitness clothes that are water-wicking like Nike's Dri-Fit (really any brand) that is light weight and dries easily. You don't want 100% cotton clothes unless you like feeling sweaty.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    HRM and a food scale.. the kettle bells and stuff are nice, but you will probably find yourself not using them much.
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Heartrate monitor and a foam roller for sure!